I just came across this site and I'm loving what I see. Always great to find a community around your hobby. I started leather working about a year ago and just recently finished a leather cuirass for a LARP I attend. I'd love to get some professional eyes on it for critique. 

The first album documents my creative process, the second pic is the completed piece. 

http://imgur.com/a/4Q2Tj

http://imgur.com/a/62KNy

Thanks, and I look forward to talking shop with everyone.

Welcome aboard. That is one nice piece of art. I like how you incorporated stitching and lacing in it.

Thanks. I'm a sucker for a double loop lace. The good thing was it added some rigidity to the shoulders which was sorely needed. 

Wow, very nice. And great job documenting your process. I'm not sure I'd trust my friends to wrap me in duct tape. Lol. Congrats on completing such a nice project.

4 hours ago, bob21804 said:

I'm not sure I'd trust my friends to wrap me in duct tape.

I convinced my wife to do it. I suppose that could have been a real turning point in our marriage if she wanted it to go another way :D

Awesome work! Did you bevel the edges? It's hard to see in the picture but if I was wearing that kickass cuirass I wouldn't want square edges rubbing me as I moved about in it. This is an awesome piece and I am inspired to try my hand at one! Thanks for documenting the process!

7 hours ago, Chief Filipino said:

Awesome work! Did you bevel the edges? It's hard to see in the picture but if I was wearing that kickass cuirass I wouldn't want square edges rubbing me as I moved about in it. This is an awesome piece and I am inspired to try my hand at one! Thanks for documenting the process!

Oh yeah. I beveled, slicker, and added a coat of edge paint to all my edges. 

I so applaude the design and reasoning process you went through, this is an under-estimated vital need in creating ALL these forms of  leather armour . . and as with so much that is created for LARP the finished design, whilst it brings something out of history, always presents it in a fantasy manner . .

. . I would only ever use double rows of solid copper rivets and burs though . . never tubular rivets.  Sorry. :(