Thanks for the links.

My paper is yellow aluminum oxide roll - non adhesive. 

Description here:

Siarexx 1960 rolls are c-weight / b-weight are professional products designed for hand & machine sanding in the woodworking industry. A stearate coating helps reduce clogging on the abrasive & prolonging the life of the product. Available from Grades P40 - P600, this product is a good all rounder for the woodworking & industrial maintenance. This product is also available in sheet, strip & disc form.

Gorgeous!  Where did you buy the bonded leather for the inserts?  Is that available in the garment district too?

Also, may I ask what your favorite leather suppliers are?  I've only just started out, and I've been to Global a few times, but nowhere else yet.

Last question - do you crease the edges on your leather?  I'm trying to figure out whether that's something I want to pursue or not.

That is one awesome gift! How did you do the edges? They look fantastic!

Wow, beautiful work. I can't see any flaws, it all looks perfect. Really nice work. 

On 6/27/2016 at 0:42 PM, olenawills said:

Black Vernis 600 edge paint with electric heat tool. 

Thanks for sharing your work. Can I ask what's the ideal temperature when using an electric heating tool? 

Sorry for late answer, but I don’t know the answer myself:)  Every Leather is different and I’m just trying every time on small piece. I have adice heating tool now and settings are changing all the time accordingly to the task. One handle for creasing is not that hot as another one , for edges.