Just finished this briefcase and thought I'd share.

Purpleheart and aluminum handle with a cotton vintage cloth lining. I tried to keep this one crisp and clean with as little fuss as possible. It's a lovely balanced bag to hold. The handle pivots very freely on the bag so no matter how you hold or wear it , it always stays vertical. By swinging the handle towards the back it creates a clever stand for the briefcase.

Comments and criticisms are welcome.

Kaivenemoreluxuries-Hello Sunshine Breifcase(sm)-11.jpg

Kaivenemoreluxuries-Hello Sunshine Breifcase(sm)-15.jpg

Kaivenemoreluxuries-Hello Sunshine Breifcase(sm).jpgKaivenemoreluxuries-Hello Sunshine Breifcase(sm)-3.jpgKaivenemoreluxuries-Hello Sunshine Breifcase(sm)-4.jpgKaivenemoreluxuries-Hello Sunshine Breifcase(sm)-5.jpg

Kaivenemoreluxuries-Hello Sunshine Breifcase(sm)-7.jpgKaivenemoreluxuries-Hello Sunshine Breifcase(sm)-19.jpg

Kaivenemoreluxuries-Hello Sunshine Breifcase(sm)-17.jpg

Kaivenemoreluxuries-Hello Sunshine Breifcase(sm)-21.jpg

Kaivenemoreluxuries-Hello Sunshine Breifcase(sm)-17.jpg

I seriously love this. Minimalist, clean, functional. just gorgeous.

Very nice. Sleek and clean. I'm personally not much for yellow, (I guess I'm not quite that stylish. lol) but I love the idea of using vintage material for the lining. Great touch. Thumbs up!

Edited by bob21804

Very suave.

On 2016-05-29 at 4:18 AM, makitmama said:

I seriously love this. Minimalist, clean, functional. just gorgeous.

Thanks makitmama.

On 2016-05-29 at 5:07 AM, bob21804 said:

Very nice. Sleek and clean. I'm personally not much for yellow, (I guess I'm not quite that stylish. lol) but I love the idea of using vintage material for the lining. Great touch. Thumbs up!

Thanks bob21804. I always line my bags, usually with high end men's suit material. Some of the english and Italian wools lend themselves very well to the design. What has happened lately is that customers are supplying the fabric that they want to use, and it always has a story behind it. I recently finished a bag for a client and we used his fathers favourite plaid shirt. I incorporated the shirt pockets into the bag as well. Turned out great.

On 2016-05-29 at 4:53 PM, bikermutt07 said:

Very suave.

Thanks bikermutt07!

So, in this scenario would you just perimeter glue the lining and then stitch or would cement the whole piece in and stitch?

Sorry, I've been interested in linings lately and I know nothing about doing them.

5 hours ago, 5 Spice said:

I recently finished a bag for a client and we used his fathers favourite plaid shirt. I incorporated the shirt pockets into the bag as well. Turned out great.

Wow, that's a really nice idea. I'm assuming the dad had passed and using his favorite shirt was a way to keep him close. I'll be making a few items for a lady who lost her mom about 6 months ago, and I may suggest that to her. Either way, i'll definitely keep my eyes open for vintage material for linings. I really like the idea. Thanks again.

21 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

So, in this scenario would you just perimeter glue the lining and then stitch or would cement the whole piece in and stitch?

Sorry, I've been interested in linings lately and I know nothing about doing them.

It all depends on what you're looking for in a finished product. Personally, I don't like a loose lining.

I turn the edges of the fabric, then adhere the entire surface to the leather followed by stitching. I find that cement just soaks through the fabric, so it isn't really the right glue for the job. Try Sta-put for thicker fabrics or interfacing for thinner ones.

It has taken a lot of trial and error to get it to work to my satisfaction. There may still be some separation in the flap where the bag flexes the most, but it's manageable and generally non-existent when the bag is opened.

17 hours ago, bob21804 said:

Wow, that's a really nice idea. I'm assuming the dad had passed and using his favorite shirt was a way to keep him close. I'll be making a few items for a lady who lost her mom about 6 months ago, and I may suggest that to her. Either way, i'll definitely keep my eyes open for vintage material for linings. I really like the idea. Thanks again.

That's right. Not only that, but the bag was a surprise gift. Turn on the waterworks.

IMG_4455.JPG

IMG_4453.JPG

1 hour ago, 5 Spice said:

That's right. Not only that, but the bag was a surprise gift. Turn on the waterworks.

IMG_4455.JPG

IMG_4453.JPG

That reminds me of a story about a tool box. (Sorry for the hijack)  A long time ago in a county far far away my late uncle Earl gave my father his first tool box. It was the small craftsman doghouse style. About ten years ago I was helping my dad clean up a shop and I found a tool box with the bottom rusted out. Uncle Earl had been gone about 15 years or so. My dad mentioned Earl had given him the box, but it was trash now. Well, I snuck it out the back and into the back floorboard of the car. Dad had a paint and body buddy who had a shop that they were always hanging around in. I had my dad's friend replace the bottom and repaint it. He had a hard time getting it done because dad was always there. Long story long, I presented it to my father on Christmas that year. I think it was the best gift I ever gave him. End hijack.

2 hours ago, 5 Spice said:

It all depends on what you're looking for in a finished product. Personally, I don't like a loose lining.

I turn the edges of the fabric, then adhere the entire surface to the leather followed by stitching. I find that cement just soaks through the fabric, so it isn't really the right glue for the job. Try Sta-put for thicker fabrics or interfacing for thinner ones.

It has taken a lot of trial and error to get it to work to my satisfaction. There may still be some separation in the flap where the bag flexes the most, but it's manageable and generally non-existent when the bag is opened.

Thanks for the sharing.

Dude, whaat? That bag is ridiculous! Yellow AND with white edges? My husband has been trying to get me to do that, and I've chickened out so far. The handle is awesome, too. 

WOW !!!

Very nice work. I love the aluminum sides too. Mortise and tenon. Very nice indeed.

Man that a very clever design. Very cool.

I used to have a Blaupunkt Transistor radio with such handle...and it stood up like that'n too.....and I used to have a Yellow Sportster just like your bag......and I think your bag is pretty wild looking too, cool !!!!!