Marshal Jamison

Leatherburnishers.com

Has anyone ever purchased a burnisher from Leatherburnishers.com?

I am looking at the holster makers special

The owner is member on here and a great guy to deal with. I have a drill press burnisher and use it all the time. I also have one of his mauls and absolutely love it. Both are top notch in quality of fit and finish, and function beautifully. They are also extremely reasonable on price. I tend to make a lot of my own tools, and I can say that these would have cost me more in $ and a healthy dose of time for me to try to make.

Ive got the holster makers special (the older version) and it works great. They are nice tools to have. 

While your at it order a bearman maul if ya can float it. Love mine. 

Thanks for this thread. I hope to order some of their products as soon as I can swing it.

Ive got the holster makers burnisher from there. Works great, and is made really well. Shipping took longer than expected.

Thank you all for the your reply's I have ordered the Holster Makers Special and two of the dremel burnishers.

Now I just have to be patient and wait for it. May have to get one of the mauls at a later time. I have never used a maul have always used a mallet.

Does anyone know if there is a problem with Leatherburnishers.com? I placed an order for a Holster Makers Special but it took two months to get an invoice and it has been two more months since my order was placed. Still haven't received it yet and I can get no response from them. I am torn as to what to do about the order at this point. Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, xshadowx said:

Does anyone know if there is a problem with Leatherburnishers.com? I placed an order for a Holster Makers Special but it took two months to get an invoice and it has been two more months since my order was placed. Still haven't received it yet and I can get no response from them. I am torn as to what to do about the order at this point. Any thoughts?

It's not really a "them", its one guy with another job and some health problems I believe making and shipping everything. Pretty typical of these hobby type production side jobs, they get busy and overwhelmed with orders and things slip the cracks. Not saying it is acceptable or anything.

11 hours ago, Colt W Knight said:

It's not really a "them", its one guy with another job and some health problems I believe making and shipping everything. Pretty typical of these hobby type production side jobs, they get busy and overwhelmed with orders and things slip the cracks. Not saying it is acceptable or anything.

I have had a similar situation in the past full time and side job all people want is some kind of contact to let them know what is going on. Hoping we are not left paying for something and not getting what we paid for.

I understand that it is just one person. I just thought that it would be nice to get a response to emails so that I would know the status of an order. After months go by, you wonder what's going on. Plus, I would like to try the burnishes.

2 hours ago, xshadowx said:

I understand that it is just one person. I just thought that it would be nice to get a response to emails so that I would know the status of an order. After months go by, you wonder what's going on. Plus, I would like to try the burnishes.

I agree I placed my order and have sent 2 emails not sure if he got my order.

I posted a while back that I had two of his burnishers. I got the website confused with someone else's site. My burnishers are actually from Pro Edge Burnishers. If anyone needs another source for leather burnishers, check him out. I'm very happy with mine.

http://proedgeburnishers.com/index.html

I just wish that he would at least respond to his customers and not just ignore them.

I am going to be contacting proedgeburnishers and see if they will at least respond to requests

22 minutes ago, Marshal Jamison said:

I just wish that he would at least respond to his customers and not just ignore them.

I am going to be contacting proedgeburnishers and see if they will at least respond to requests

I think if you order from them you'll be happy with the product and the service.  Deliver was pretty quick from the time of order.

Chris

11 hours ago, ChriJ said:

I think if you order from them you'll be happy with the product and the service.  Deliver was pretty quick from the time of order.

Chris

Chris Thank you ,

Pro edge burnishers contacted me right away. I am trying to cancel the order to leather burnishers through pay pal. Pay pal tech support said that they do not even have a contact number for him just an email. I told them good luck with that. I am hoping that I don't have to chalk this up to an $80.00 getting burned experience. At this point I would warn everyone to STAY away from leatherburnishers.com .

Edited by Marshal Jamison

I wouldn't "take the hit" for $80 just because there's no answer.  PayPal has a case system for exactly that.

Having said that, I would advise you ('you' meaning everyone) not to get 'star-struck' by pretty tools.  Always someone wanting to sell us "new" and "improved"... which is fine IF it REALLY IS IMPROVED.

So, let me say TWO things here for your consideration.

1. I have one of the pro edge burnishers.  I didn't care for the finish they put on it, but once I took that off it works pretty well.  No worries.
  2. Other hand, think about what you really need. what I do with that 'fancy" burnisher, I could have done with any of a dozen things I already had laying around the garage ;)

What do you NEED?  Here's a bit of a story, told by a college professor forever ago and used as a teaching tool since...

Guy wants his house walls insulated.  Google tells him that you can BLOW that in without taking the wall apart.  You'll need 1 1/4" holes in teh wall near the ceiling line.  So, he checks with the lumber yard, and you can RENT the machine to do that.  

Off he goes to the hardware store, where the sales guy tells him he'll need a drill.  

• This one here's $19.  
  • But this one is reversible - $29.  
  • And this one here is variable speed AND reversible -- $39.  
  • And this one here is all that PLUS a hammer drill -- $69.
  • And over here, this does all the above, but does it without being plugged in and comes with extra battery - $99...
  • blahblahblah

At the end of the story, the professor asks the class.. what should the guy do?  What does he need?  Most said he really just needs the basic drill... minus all the 'fancy'.  Instructor said no... he just needs holes in his walls near the ceiling line (remember, they were told that to begin with)

What WE need is something which smooths the edge of the leather, and if takes a bit of the labor out of it that's a plus.  For some reason, people seem to think that they can charge leather people MORE for the same items, just give it a new name.  Apparently, that's at least sometimes true ;)  I have seen a "leather" cutting utility knife priced in the $8-10 range.  It's the SAME knife I bought at Menard's (where it's called "utility knife") for under $3.

If you haven't already, you should be able to file a claim against him, which will put a hold on the $80 in his account (if he has a positive balance in his PayPal account). If he doesn't respond to the dispute, you should receive a refund after a certain amount of time.

Well, I was hoping that it wouldn't come to this but I will probably have to file a claim with Paypal too. Like I said before, it has been over two months since I paid for my order from Leatherburnishers.com. I too can get no response from him and I just don't know if the order will ever show up. I have tried to wait it out and see if he will send what I ordered. I'll give it until the end of the week. Then I am done.

Friends, I too am in the same boat. Placed an order on April 10th. After that I received an email from Ed on April 20th saying that he will have it shipped that week. Haven't received any shipping confirmation. Have sent numerous emails to Ed, but no reply since then.  

Thanks,

Sab

20 hours ago, xshadowx said:

Did anyone ever get a response from Leatherburnishers.com.? I still haven't received my order.

No response at all from him Multiple emails if he would have left a phone number I would have called as well. Paypal says if he doesn't claim the payment in 30 days they will refund my money.

At this point I would tell everyone to stay away from leather burnishers.com for anything. I contacted proedge burnishers and got a response right away as soon as I get the money back for Ed I am going to order from Proedge.

I'm pretty sure you can cancel the payment from your end especially if it hasn't been claimed without waiting 30 days.

5 hours ago, dirtclod said:

I'm pretty sure you can cancel the payment from your end especially if it hasn't been claimed without waiting 30 days.

Not from Pay pal according to a section in the policy if it goes unclaimed for 30 days it is automatically returned. if it is claimed then you have to contact the seller. the pay pal folks are not very friendly or helpful.

Try signing in to PayPal and look at your account/sent payments and see if you can cancel it there. It maybe different now but I have done that in the past.