Marshal Jamison

Leatherburnishers.com

38 minutes ago, dirtclod said:

Try signing in to PayPal and look at your account/sent payments and see if you can cancel it there. It maybe different now but I have done that in the past.

Tried that the option isn't available. Even chatted with a supervisory person and they had the same lame answer. After I get my money back paypal will be history here.

I went ahead and opened a dispute with Paypal. At this point I don't expect great results. We shall see what happens next.

1 minute ago, xshadowx said:

I went ahead and opened a dispute with Paypal. At this point I don't expect great results. We shall see what happens next.

Hope you get your money back soon!

Proedge has some monthly specials here is the link: http://www.proedgeburnishers.com/monthly-specials.html

I am looking at the Mini Skirt Chaser, Hole Master & Wax Combo.

2 hours ago, xshadowx said:

I was just checking those out. That might be the way I go too.

I agree I found a couple of youtube videos of them being used and they looked like they worked really well.

Just checking whether anyone got a response from leatherburnishers. Mine is now hitting 3 months from order. I will wait until this week and raise a PayPal claim. What I don't get is why Ed can't just reply to emails?

No response at all. Order is almost 4 months old. Still waiting. What I have found out by researching on this site is that over the past couple of years this has happened many times. I guess this is their normal operating procedure. 

Thanks. I have opened a paypal dispute. I am not sure whether I should go ahead and order it from proedgeburnishers, because if Ed does ship the order I will be left with duplicate items.

xshadowx and sabari,

I called paypal and since Ed didn't claim my payment they are going to issue refund back to my card. I am going to order the Mini Skirt Chaser, Hole Master & Wax Combo from proedgeburnishers.

On 6/30/2016 at 5:45 PM, sabari said:

Thanks. I have opened a paypal dispute. I am not sure whether I should go ahead and order it from proedgeburnishers, because if Ed does ship the order I will be left with duplicate items.

I doubt that you have to worry about Ed filling your order since he hasn't responded to any of our emails. it is sad when a member of this group would treat group members this way.

On 6/27/2016 at 3:38 PM, sabari said:

Just checking whether anyone got a response from leatherburnishers. Mine is now hitting 3 months from order. I will wait until this week and raise a PayPal claim. What I don't get is why Ed can't just reply to emails?

On 6/28/2016 at 0:42 PM, xshadowx said:

No response at all. Order is almost 4 months old. Still waiting. What I have found out by researching on this site is that over the past couple of years this has happened many times. I guess this is their normal operating procedure. 

here is te response I got from paypal yesterday

On Jun 1, 2016, you sent a payment to Edward Stiles for $46.00 USD.

The funds have been returned to your account.

This payment was returned for the following reason(s):

Edward Stiles is not a Verified PayPal member.

Please contact Edward Stiles (leatherburnishers@gmail.com) to arrange an alternate payment method.

If you have any further questions, please log in to your PayPal account and go to the History subtab. Locate this transaction and click the word "Cancelled" in the Details column.
Sincerely,
PayPal

I hope you get your issues resolved as well.

Edited by Marshal Jamison

Thanks for the information. I escalated my dispute to a claim with Paypal. I hope to get my money back soon. How can he except payments if he is not a Verified PayPal member

59 minutes ago, xshadowx said:

Thanks for the information. I escalated my dispute to a claim with Paypal. I hope to get my money back soon. How can he except payments if he is not a Verified PayPal member

I know what you mean seems like he started off with good intentions and then just reached a point that he doesn't care about his customers anymore.

Hope paypal does what is right.

A while back it was said on this forum that he was having some health issues...hope he is OK.

I ordered my burnishers from him a few years back and receive them within two weeks.  Still use them every day..they work great.

8 minutes ago, Troy I said:

A while back it was said on this forum that he was having some health issues...hope he is OK.

I ordered my burnishers from him a few years back and receive them within two weeks.  Still use them every day..they work great.

Hope he is ok too. He should have someone help him with the business or not take orders if he is physically unable to fulfill them. Some of of the guys have been waiting for 3 and 4 months for their orders. That is unacceptable by any standard.

I'm in a similar boat.  Placed an order in February 2016.  Followed up after a few months and received an email telling me that he would have my burnisher done in a week.  That was at least two months ago... still no reply, no explaination, and more importantly... no burnisher.

It's too bad.  I have the holster maker's special and it's been used quite a bit in my shop.  So much, that I figured I needed a new one.  Guess that's not going to happen.

I'd be perfectly ok with him telling me that it's going to take a few extra months... maybe the occasional response to my emails.  But that seems to be too much to ask.

Now I'm stuck with no burnisher and the extra hassle of having to file a claim through paypal.... which I'd rather not do.

In any case, I hope he is ok... but at the very least, he should take his website down or stop taking people's money.  SMH

Xshadowx,

I ordered from proedge burnishers on June 5th just got an email that my burnishers have shipped.

Just an update:

I just received my refund from Paypal today. So, if you have a dispute you will probably get your money back. It's too bad that we have to do this. I guess from now on, do not order from Leatherburnishers.com. 

11:44 MDT July 14, 2016 for reference.  A check of Leatherburnishers.com shows OUT OF BUSINESS message along with an apology and a promise of refunds for outstanding orders.

i got mine from pro edge. get to work with. they made me a deal on two. shipped immediately & the price was reasonable  

I ordered the Mini Skirt Chaser, Hole Master & Wax Combo from proedgeburnishers on July 5th and it arrived on July 11th

Edited by Marshal Jamison
wrong month

Leatherburnishers Website now says that they are officially closed, and if anyone has an outstanding order, they will receive a refund.

http://www.leatherburnishers.com/

On 03/07/2016 at 4:54 AM, Marshal Jamison said:

xshadowx and sabari,

I called paypal and since Ed didn't claim my payment they are going to issue refund back to my card. I am going to order the Mini Skirt Chaser, Hole Master & Wax Combo from proedgeburnishers.

Sorry didn't check back earlier. Marshal, I ended up ordering from pro edge burnishers. Got a refund from PayPal. Hope everything is good with Ed.

20 hours ago, sabari said:

Sorry didn't check back earlier. Marshal, I ended up ordering from pro edge burnishers. Got a refund from PayPal. Hope everything is good with Ed.

I did the same and the burnishers are pretty awesome.

I'm looking to order a bearman maul just having a time finding a place to view,price, then order, toss a bone ? I've tried a few places with no chance to order. 

Thanks Rawb