I'm new to sewing leather. I want to start by recovering some leather seats. I found a Consew 206RB (no version number) with a table and clutch motor for $500.00. Someone cut off the Made in Japan part of the nameplate as you can see in the picture. I don't know if the RB was made any other place. It came with 4 cording feet, R&L zipper feet , the regular walking foot and 12 bobbins. I assume this machine is 30+ years old, but looks like it just came out of the box. No paint wear, no rust, very tight tolerances, turns easily by hand, but dry as a bone. So the first thing I did was lube every oil hole and everything that moved. But I don't see any requirement to lube the bobbin case, or procedure to do so. So do I, and how if so.

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

Nice find!  As for the hook oiling, that red dot hole to the right of the throat plate will provide oil to the hook. It's in line with the lower shaft that the hook rotates with. If you want to give it a jumpstart, tip the machine back and put a few drops of oil where the hook meets the bobbin basket (where the bobbin sits). 

Regards, Eric 

That looks clean and sweet, like Eric says, "nice find".. :)

I have that same machine, and it is a work horse. Will sew up to 3/8" and #138 thread. I believe the RBs, Rb-1 and RB-2s were made in Japan, and models after that moved to China.

Edited by Colt W Knight

Really nice machine, Congrats!!! Great price too. Looks new to me!