JAM

Need new source for stainless steel nails

Hi, all,

I build my saddles with stainless steel nails - common, ring shank, and twist - and I always got them from Sheridan Leather. Now that Sheridan Leather is gone, I can't find stainless steel nails anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find them again?

Thanks,

Julia McCormack

McMaster's Carr carries them.

Thank you, CWR, I have been wondering that myself. I've inquired at my local lumber yard in the past, and they haven't had much success in finding anything.

They have nearly any kind of fastener you would need. I use mostly 3 d galvanzed nails because I can still get them locally and they hold well but I get all my stainless screws for riggings etc. fom them. They have them available in square drive which I really like because they are less prone to strip out.

Glad I could help.

CW

I went right to their site when I saw your post.  I knew that Sheridan had to be getting them from a supplier, I just didn't know where. I see a lot of other things I can use from there too. I also like 3d galvanized for their holding power.  I found some SS deck screws in a small package at Menards that I really like for some things. I got a larger quantity through my local lumber yard, but they weren't quite the same and I didn't like them as well. I see McMaster Carr has exactly what I want, and I will be ordering from them in the future.  Thanks again!

Hey Julia,

I get my stainless steel nails from Jamestown Distributors

Good prices ,  fast service. 

They carry ring shank,  smooth shank and stainless acorn nuts for stirrup bolts.

I need to find a new source for their (Sheridan Leather)  elk hide horn wrap.

Clyde.