Tallbald

"Blue gun" dummy percussion revolver makers?

I'm in need of dummy "blue gun" percussion revolvers for some period holsters I'd like to craft. So far I've only found Bunkhouse Tools offering them but don't know anything about this company. Could someone offer me some insight into additional makers of blue guns I should also look up to check on offerings please? Maybe in aluminum? For those who have used "blue guns" to pattern holsters, is there one dummy material better than another?

Thank you so very much as always. Don.

Edited by Tallbald

Bunkhouse seems very serious about their stuff and have been experimenting with materials for some time so I would trust them myself. Have you considered buying Denix replicas to work with? then they even look good in the glamour shots.

Plinkercases thank you for responding. I only recent saw the name Denix for the first time and found them on Amazon for sale. Comments suggest they are true to size and dimensions and they look impressive. Of course they are twice the cost of the resin dummies, but there would be some advantage maybe to being able to "cock" the hammer and move parts when designing holsters I would think. I need to weigh the costs versus features and make my best decision, I know. Thank you again. Don.

I have dealt with Ray and Bunkhouse a number of times and have no complaints whatsoever.  Good product, good service, fair price, all from knowledgeable and friendly folks.  

The molds I bought for the Colt Python and Ruger Blackhawk fit like a glove.

And I do like the aluminum molds from Duncan's Outdoor as well.  Last I knew, gun molds were $50 and mags were $15 (recently).  The mags are (in case Zach is listening) one of the reasons I shop there.... $15 instead of nearly twice that some others charge, but more importantly they are molded on the end as though they are loaded, which is a BIG plus in time savings...

Edited by JLSleather

JLSLeather thank you. I shall look into them also. I hope to buy once as they say. Don.

I get updates on their stock and the last one had no old time models. their site is under some work so they say to email for inquiries.

glenn.duncan@duncans501.com

I have bought several of the Bunkhouse tool company molds including most of there blackpowder offerings and have been happy with them. As to Denix, I am a distributor for them. There list price is expensive however I sell to fellow leather workers at my price plus shipping so it is very close in price to blue guns, denix ect. PM me if you want more information.