I am in the market for a user-friendly stamp press machine to use on small leather accessories such as a leather credit card case. The machine will be used to emboss a logo on the leather. Not sure if I should go with heat or non? I am very particular about quality. I will not be using foil, but may want the option down the road. I have spoken to vendors and the recommendations I am getting are the following: green machine, model 25, and 55. Any feedback regarding model and vendor recommendations would be great. Thanks.

You don't say what type of leather you are using, but if it is chrome tan, you will want the heat to get a good impression. You also need the heat for foil.

Take a look at this thread 

If you are using veg tan leather and already have your stamps, a good investment is an arbor press. They are easy to get hold of, cheap and u can use the press instead of a hammer to set snaps, make stitching holes with a pricking iron etc. They normally come in 1/2,1,2,3 ton sizes and the only difference is how much effort you need to put in when you press, the higher number, the less effort it takes but the machines are more expensive. A 2 ton press goes a long way in my opinion. Buy a couple of half inch thick steel plates and you can sandwich a cutter template and leather to have a home made, cheap alternative to a clicker press. (Only works well on smaller designs, like key fobs or card holders.)

1 hour ago, ConradPark said:

..... cheap alternative to a clicker press. (Only works well on smaller designs, like key fobs or card holders.)

I have done up to a 9x10" plate with a 1 ton arbor press. The thing is you can't do it all at once.  I start in one corner and press. Move over 1" (the size of the ram) and press. Rinse and repeat until you've covered the entire area. Yes, yes I know - it's time consuming but unless you want to spend a bunch of money on a hydraulic press, take the time.  Additionally, a friend over at salty dog leather is making these add-ons for the arbor press which might help.  cheers!

12871489_1038789816204844_7607492323118080802_n.jpg

Thanks for the feedback. Would you recommend going with a hydraulic machine like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Dake-Manual-Utility-Hydraulic-Capacity/dp/B00DWB1MTM?ie=UTF8&ref_=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top ? If this machine could delivery a really high quality logo then it would be great. I also want to make sure the logo is straight when putting it on a product. This video gives a great demo how to use the machine: https://infinitystamps.com/impact_and_arbor_presses.html . 

4 hours ago, Studio-N said:

I have done up to a 9x10" plate with a 1 ton arbor press. The thing is you can't do it all at once.  I start in one corner and press. Move over 1" (the size of the ram) and press. Rinse and repeat until you've covered the entire area. Yes, yes I know - it's time consuming but unless you want to spend a bunch of money on a hydraulic press, take the time.  Additionally, a friend over at salty dog leather is making these add-ons for the arbor press which might help.  cheers!

12871489_1038789816204844_7607492323118080802_n.jpg

How much does your friend charge for making one of these?

$20. here's a link

Edited by Studio-N