Got itchy and worked on this last night and tonight. I think my flowers and leaves are progressing but the fern and vine stuff has a long way to go. Sadly the vines and fern under the strap look the best....This based on the Will G pattern we have seen a lot of lately. Great pattern. This is built with the Tandy Warrior shoulder which I bought to make some economical runs of a particular airgun holster which wasn't tooled and it seems the leather doesn't hold the pebble back grounding too well but not bad on the  deeper stuff.

20160610_234115_resized (Large).jpg

20160610_233953_resized (Large).jpg

I like that a lot !! I'm a newbie and getting obsessed on making belts and holsters. very addicting !!

By the way I'm from Lincoln County New Mexico. Home of Billy The Kid. Hopefully I can progress on my work, been focusing

on late 1800 holsters.

Looks great...I have always wanted to carve leather and wish I had the talent.

I have been at it a few years snow and am still a newbie! I agree on the addiction for sure.... I have always loved western leather gear whether gun leather or saddles and tack. Not a lot of famous gun fighter outlaws from Toronto from the era but we did have the Boyd Gang.

Thanks BPM no harm in giving it a go. I am always reading and watching resources on how to do it  and has been said her many time...practice practice practice... which I don't get enough of but am happy with a little progress when I do get at it.

I'm kind of at the same stage as you. I've found that with the fern and vine stuff, less is more, and be sure to angle the veiner tool just a bit more than you think you need to.

Good looking holster!

Agreed....Veiners need laser sights...... and I need way more practice.