Three guesses at the finish I'm using with this one.  No takers?... I'll tell ya anyhow.  There is NO finish on this just yet.  Water not even thoroughly dry from forming.  It's quite black, but the camera is picking up the refection of the graph paper!  Just posted to remind the new guys that:

• regardless of what you hear, it IS possible to make holsters without wrinkles on the back
  • with the good stuff, your leather should buff up to a shine even before applying finish

Now, those of us who been at it a bit know that easy 'nough, but the new guy might not.  Wrinkles and acrylics are not inevitable :asoapbox:

DSC00522.jpg

Very nice! How about a close-up snapshot of your sewing machine setup (feet, bobbin area, etc)...I'm still fiddlin' with my machine (CB3200) some, amateur that I am, trying to decide which "correct" feet and other equipment I want to purchase.  Any insight from my superiors is always welcome...

Just when you have some spare time, of course...(don't you just HATE that term?..."spare time"...as if any of us workin' folks have it laying around in piles to simply pass out or waste) :rolleyes2:

Thanks for the pic, JLS!

Chris

Hey, Chris.. I'm 'limping' a bit on the stitchin' end.. only got this pile of cobra thing.  Those 3200's make me a bit jealous, actually.

Lookin' at the Toledo site, I think the feet on this one basically the same as the feet on yours.  I use the left side one most of the time.  Depending on what you're going to sew, you really don't need a bunch of 'add-ons'. From that site... " The CB3200 uses the same bobbins, feet and needles as the CB3500, 4500 and 5500 models.  "

This video might show how simple that is (you can do this in under 5 minutes if you're set up and not talking at a camera).  It's so bright it's difficult to see the detail of the needle point area ... this was deliberate because i knew my friend Robert (mecopocketholsters.com) would get a good laugh out of yet another video that doesn't actually show you much of anything ;)  Beyond that, I wouldn't want to spend much time going on about this pile, causing people to think I endorse these things.  If, on the other hand, I had wunna them there 3200's, then I'd speak up.

BUT... you can at least see what is going on and the type of foot I'm using.  Only thing I point out is that I like the LL point needles.  None of that girlie-looking slanted stitch around here ;)  I like the stitchin' straight.. any slants and curves in the design I'll put in myself, thankyou ;)

If yer makin' holsters, feel free to download all ya want on my site --- use 'em as is or alter 'em as some of the boys here have been doing.

If yer makin' belts.. well,.. keep yer eye on the line.

If ya got specific questions, put 'em out there.  I know leather, and I know holsters, but most important .. if I don't know something, I ain't ascared to say I don't know.  Somebody will be able to help!

Oh, forgot... if you find you must buy 'gadgets', I have some on the desk I would sell like half price.  Never used.. well, there was that once where I put it on to see what the big deal was!   But you would of course ask Bob 'n ' friends first if these fit your machine.  Slotted place, stirrup plate... and remember.. I make holsters and belts and generally do not have need of these things, so you may not need them either.

One more, just because now I'm thinking about my friend Robert... these designed FOR and AT THE REQUEST of Robert Locke...

boberg_set.gif