Erystawi

Bridle with drop noseband

Made this bridle, red dyed calf padding, brass buckles, english style bridle. :)

100_7653.JPG

Beautiful!

Really a nice, neat job! I imagine you imported leather from England?  I hate English work, mostly because I am in a part of the country where there is virtually nobody riding English on much more than a shoestring budget. If I lived where people didn't think anything of spending several thousand on their saddle and several hundred on a bridle, I wouldn't mind it so much. Gotta get paid for our work:-) Nice job.

Thank you all for nice words. :)

We don't need to import english bridle leahter, we have our own norwegian/swedish bridle leather. Here in Norway mostly all of the equipment for horses are english style. Want to try western bridle too, but not familiar with it.

Very nice indeed.

That's a beautiful piece of work!  It looks extremely refined. Do you use already dyed/finished leather, or do you dye/finish yourself?

Thank you for so nice words :)

This one I used, is already dyed black from the tannery, its norwegian "english bridle" called "remlær" in norwegian. The calf for the padding is the only thing I dyed myself. The leather also comes in natural color, so it can be dyed in any color of choise. :) (i'll add that the reins are not handmade, only there to complete the image/leading the beautiful danish warmblood girl).

Eva

It looks OK but I have a problem with the fit. The headstrap for the noseband should be under the cheekpiece and the same the other side as it will cause the bit to rub and if used correctly the front of the nose is sitting too low and will restrict the breathing. Once this is adjusted it will look much better and suits the horse. Sorry if this seems a little blunt but I have a real problem with badly fitted bridles (too often seen in the UK).

No it's Ok :) I only borrowed the model-horse for the pictures, it's way too big for her, and we couldn't adjust it any more. The pictures only for showing the bridle :)