DannyGray

Seiko CW8B head pulley swap

Has anyone changed the pulley on the head of a Seiko CW8B machine. I am looking to put a larger pulley on it. This machine is the same as a Techsew 2700. I am asking for this info before hitting the machine shop and making one.

There are not any pulleys much larger that will fit on that shaft.

Have you got the smallest pulley possible on the motor?

I have a 2" it goes slow but I want it even slower so I guess I will have to use a lathe and make one or get a reducer setup.

It may be easier to use a servo style motor unless a regular supply of thick leather is always going to be sewn.

If the latter probably a reducer setup is the route you want to head toward really, as it would be better by far than a 2" larger big pulley.

Floyd

Danny, you won't find a pulley that is much smaller than the 2". As Floyd said above the best way is a servo or a speed reducer (not that hard to make). I've fitted a servo + reducer to two of my machines and a servo + larger head pulley to the Pfaff. (Even with a speed reducer I still couldn't control the clutch motor enough for my needs).