Colt W Knight

Bound Cowboys & Indians photo album

A very good friend of mine as me to make her a photo album for her father, and said put whatever you want on it. I decided to do something different from what I regularly do, so I tooled some Cowboy and Indian scenes on it. Instead of burnishing and dying the edges, I bound the edges with some nice soft black deer skin. The interior is red pig suede with pockets and a three ring binder. After I took this pictures, I realized I missed beveling some lines, so I am going to have to go back and do that.  I am not the best Tooler in the world, but I enjoy making things like this.

Original artwork by Karen Boylan and Charles Schreyvogel

Leather edge binding - This turned out really nice for my first try, and it was much, much easier than I expected.

20160615_092523_zpspgn5n4tt.jpg

Interior - I tried a multitude of things to trim the interior trim, and just before I finished, I figured out how to do it well. Just free hand cut witha sharp razor while pulling the waste. At first, I tried inserting a backer strip and cutting straight down.

20160615_092509_zps2ocejxti.jpg

Front cover

20160615_102003_zpsyqcu1ybv.jpg

Back Cover

20160615_092442_zpsflnpbokx.jpg

Really nice Colt, The theme you have chosen is a good one indeed ! It looks nicely done too !

Thanks Bill