beginningsaddleman

Hand crank support request

I am considering purchasing this machine from Bantam Saddle Tack and have read disparate reviews on this site.  Members Darren Borowski and Aunt Bonny's Place (pardon me if I have misspelled or misquoted names).  The machine sells for $189 + shipping and is an affordable option.  I fully understand the Chinese manufacturing methods and problems inherent with purchasing from China.  I cannot purchase the machine from Australia and pay again to have it shipped. 

I am requesting any information about timing adjustments and needle placement/threading.  I would even consider purchasing a support package.  Please let me know if anyone can help.

Sorry, the picture didn't upload the first time.

HandCrank.jpg

I think and most here do as well the Company, seller and buyer is first to contact on operations of equipment and an easier transfer of manuals and or their available technical support recommended.

With that, there is like 69,000members so there is a lot of help on one day or another by many contributors happy to share a thought or some of their experience.

Good day there

Floyd

I purchased a similar machine from Robin Industries in China. They were great to deal with and everything went smoothly. I would not hesitate to buy from them again. 

The machine was as rough as a cob. I had to invest quite a few hours cleaning, polishing and making minor adjustments. After all that was accomplished, it was really a good machine. It would sew well and was quite easy to use ( at least in my opinion). It did well with both thick and thinner materials. I tried it with 138 and 207 thread and it didn't complain. 

If you are not afraid to dive in and do some basic set up work, these machines are a good thing, and with what they sell for it really is hard to go wrong. 

I agree with Hockeymender. They're a very basic (some might call them agricultural) machine, but pretty solid. I stripped mine and spent some time smoothing various parts, while it may not be necessary it's the sort of thing I do. The bobbin winder is pretty useless so I made a replacement from bits and pieces of some domestic machines I'd gutted for parts. Possibly the biggest issue might be the foot, the teeth are pretty vicious on it, but nothing that can't be overcome. There's a couple of usefull vids on youtube about them, search on boot patcher.

Thank you for the feedback.  I'm limited on space and budget, so this machine look like it can handle the work I'm aiming for.  When it comes in, I may post again to ask for help from you that have been there before.  Not afraid to work and very mechanically inclined, but a little experienced guidance will cut my workload in half.  Thanks for the information.

In terms of build quality I am happy to state that these are the roughest machines ever built. Virtually every part is modified to fit the frame so that the machine will work.

On the other hand the bloody things are almost indestructible once they are set up properly.

Recently someone asked me to fix one of the machines I sold 6 years ago - they bought it at an auction. Once I cleaned the wasp nests out of the needle bar it worked perfectly

11 hours ago, Darren Brosowski said:

In terms of build quality I am happy to state that these are the roughest machines ever built. Virtually every part is modified to fit the frame so that the machine will work.

On the other hand the bloody things are almost indestructible once they are set up properly.

Recently someone asked me to fix one of the machines I sold 6 years ago - they bought it at an auction. Once I cleaned the wasp nests out of the needle bar it worked perfectly

Your post made me laugh - particularly the last sentence!:lol:

I recently acquired a Robin Industries side wall stitcher unused with some other purchases.  No user manual, threading diagram, etc.  can anyone supply a copy of the manual?  Offer tips ?

7 minutes ago, needmoretools said:

I recently acquired a Robin Industries side wall stitcher unused with some other purchases.  No user manual, threading diagram, etc.  can anyone supply a copy of the manual?  Offer tips ?

@robinindustry is a member here and recently posted a new topic about their newest sole stitcher. I'm sure they can get you a manual for your Robin sidewaller. Tell them the model number in a private message.

1 hour ago, Wizcrafts said:

@robinindustry is a member here and recently posted a new topic about their newest sole stitcher. I'm sure they can get you a manual for your Robin sidewaller. Tell them the model number in a private message.

Share a shoe sewing machine manual 

shoe sewing machine manual1.pdf

If have enough budget, we recommend another sidewall sole stitching machine and insole stitching machine, this is the high quality stitching machine,  Many customers give very high ratings,

In the manual, at the end where it obviously refers to issues it mentions a "Kha-Zha noise". Made me wonder just what the fault is that causes that....

52 minutes ago, dikman said:

In the manual, at the end where it obviously refers to issues it mentions a "Kha-Zha noise". Made me wonder just what the fault is that causes that....

image.png

I just had to look .... I have to wonder if this extract above were translated back into Chinese whether it would make any more sense?? I think that the machinery and engineering may have many good points and benefits but without much understanding of the manual as far as the English language goes, I am quite hesitant in buying I am sorry to say.   Please take no offence Robin as that is not my intention, it it only to point out the importance of having clear communication with your customers. Your efforts in sales could be vastly improved with a better translation. I would be interested in the SP 168 sidewall stitching machine but I would like to see the manual first and what the costs for the transport would be to Brisbane in Australia. Regards Brian

6 hours ago, needmoretools said:

Hi, when you bought machine from us, please advise your full name and email address, let us check first, It seems you did not bought it from us before? if you bought it from us, and have questions, please contact with us we will resolve it , 

3 hours ago, RockyAussie said:

image.png

I just had to look .... I have to wonder if this extract above were translated back into Chinese whether it would make any more sense?? I think that the machinery and engineering may have many good points and benefits but without much understanding of the manual as far as the English language goes, I am quite hesitant in buying I am sorry to say.   Please take no offence Robin as that is not my intention, it it only to point out the importance of having clear communication with your customers. Your efforts in sales could be vastly improved with a better translation. I would be interested in the SP 168 sidewall stitching machine but I would like to see the manual first and what the costs for the transport would be to Brisbane in Australia. Regards Brian

The manual of this hand sewing machine is don't like Mobile Phone or TV, through the manual you can completely learn how to use,  it is a professional machine, in general, you need learn it from shoe repair training mechanism if don't use similar machine before.  our company will tell customer about  this before they buy,  if need more professional machine, we will recommend more better machine, like SP168, SP998 , but Due to price factors, more customer choose  the cheaper machine,  Unless the workload is large,then they choose expensive machine,  however, when they choose cheaper machine, they also want the machine work high efficiency like expensive machine, this is hard achieve for cheaper machine, anyway, you will get what you pay, we all understand this principle,