I have a ton of very small leather scraps that can't really be used for anything. Is there such thing as a leather recycling center? It feels like such a waste to just throw it all away!

Try contacting your local girl/boyscouts, or go on craigslist/facebook and say you're looking for teachers who want the scraps for crafts, or ANYONE who wants them for various crafts!  Or are you talking REALLY small, like less than an inch?  

Thanks for your reply! They're really small--less than an inch wide. A lot of long and short and irregular strips. I was thinking there might be a factory that would grind them up and use them for bonded leather or the like? I'm not sure most of my scrap pieces would be of good use for crafts, but maybe! I could always post them on craigslist/facebook and see!

You never know!  Sometimes people make miniature saddles for toy horses and the like, very small pieces of leather would be ideal, or maybe for collages where the leather is glued down on an illustration.