Stuggi

Outside Presser Foot Bar broken, Pfaff 335

I have a "new-to-me" Pfaff that I'm slowly getting into, and I just noticed that the bar that the outside presser foot is attached to is missing the left ear. This makes the foot sit crooked, and as such it every so often hits the inside presser foot causing all sorts of clatter. I tried looking at the parts diagram for the newer 335's, but the seem to have a 2 piece bar, while mine seems to have a solid bar. Am I missing something or is the bar different? My machine is from 1976. 

And a second question, is this something that I, with no sewing machine repair skills what so ever, can replace? I have rebuilt cars and such and am reasonably handy, but I've never seen such a complicated mechanism as what's inside that Pfaff. :)

Oh, BTW, the exact model number is 335-H3-39/21-BSN. I've managed to decipher the H3 (11mm lift) and B (medium-heavy materials), but what does 39/21, S and N mean?

Original Pfaff parts are quite expensive most of the time. But sometimes you can interchange parts from different brand machines. F.I. - Duerkopp machines are using a lot of Singer parts (or the other way around). So what I would suggest it a Singer 111 presser foot bar. I can give you some measures later because I can compare a Pfaff 345 and Singer 111. It´s just a guess - I have to pull out my digital caliper and will post the measures later today

You can replace it. In best case you can pull it out to the top when you have removed the thumb nut and parts below and loosen the set screws the presser foot is clamped with. Since you have a parts diagram it should not bee too difficult.

I have an instruction book (User manual) for the old Pfaff 335 I can send it you by Email if you are interested send me a PM.

That's the problem, I have the parts book for the new models, not the old ones, and they seem to have changed the design of the bar to a 2 piece version.

I also have a parts list of the old version - send me a PM with your email and I´ll send you the two files by email ;)

I measured 8.75mm on both the Pfaff 345 and Singer 111 presser foot bar so I´m pretty sure you can use a Singer 111 presser foot bar on you Pfaff 335. However - I cannot make promises but this would be the least expensive solution.

I'd say check with this seller regarding the length of the bars. Diameter wise it should work, I think.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SINGER-111W-FOOT-BAR-PART-208566-/301985798960?hash=item464fc19b30:m:m4-bjys6Vfts06MAhMqimsg

Edited by Constabulary

The S stands for sewing cloth.  The N usually means 6mm maximum stitch length.  The Pfaff part #  for the  presser bar you are looking for is #91-011718-92 .  If it is generic, that part # is 11718.  Henderson Sewing  here in the US has generic ones  that were selling for $8.15US   in their old catalogue and that included the screw for the foot.   I would check with them even though you are in Finland.  They have a web site. PM me if you need their telephone number.  Hope that helps.

glenn