image.jpg

This saddle has a total of 18 concho's that were reclaimed from her Grand Moms Concho's belt from the 1940's. The belt was in pieces and decided to use them for her saddle. Kind of cool the when she rides she will have her Grand Mom with her for luck.

Saddle was hand stitched at 7 per inch but when you measure it -- comes out at about 61/2 per inch.

Thanks for looking and I welcome critiques helps for the next one.  Billy

Edited by Billy H

That's a really nice looking saddle. I can't bring myself to sew 7 stitches an inch. I'm at 5 now and I know it would be better. Hat's off to you for taking the extra effort.

Randy

Hi Randy,  Thankyou for taking a look!

Yes hand sewing at 7 stitches per inch takes lots of time and patience, those skirts nearly brought me to my knees:) . My better half would come into the shop and say " are you still sewing that same Skirt "? I would have to bite my tongue not to say what was on my mind at the time.

the Pricking wheel I used is a old Osborne that I bought at Douglas tools at Sherridan about six years ago. It is stamped as a 7, but once sewn it measures closer to 6 3/8 or 6 1/2 depending on what glasses I'm wearing. Honestly it is hard for me to tell a difference between that tool and a number six wheel I got from Ranch2Arena. I have one more saddle that I promised to hand sew. I own a Artisan 4000r machine- but it has given me trouble since day one! Found a Heavey duty sewing machine mechanic that will come out for repairs. My plan is to get it working correctly and then sell it. Not sure what I will do after that.  Regards Billy

Hey Josh! Thanks for the compliment.

This saddle is what some would say as a meat and potatoes saddle - not real fancy.

Did my best to give it a nice shape. She wanted no stamping just mostly rough out. I really like the conchos though and the history behind them. Solid Sterling Silver from the 1940s (WOW). The picture is not very clear I had a hard time posting it.  Thanks for looking all the best Billy

Nice clean rig Billy.

Thank you CW

Hope all is well with you and your staying busy.  Billy

Nice job Billy.  Clean and nicely shaped.  I am sure she will kike it.

Bob

Thanks Bob!

Do you have any suggestions  or things that I could work on for my next saddle?