Sign in to follow this  
circlecross

Sheridan pattern for belt

I am looking for some Sheridan carving patterns for belts. Does anyone have any or know of a good resource to get these type of patterns?

Scott

I don't know exactly what you are looking for, but the belt books from Tandy have some good patterns in them, and lots of them. Hope it helps, Rus

Scott,

Chan Geer has a book entitled "Sheridan Style Patterns for Belts 3/4' to 2" that I find very useful. His address is 41 W. 7th Street, Sheridan, WY 82801. His phone number is 307-674-9226. I'm sure that you probably can also order the book from Sheridan Outfitters.

Happy New Year,

Richard Hidalgo

Hidecrafters sells Chan's patterns. Likely the easiest place to order them from. His patterns are very nice.

Tandy sells a book by Al Stohlman called Belts Galore. Tandy #6039-00 cost is $6.49. I find it a very useful books since it is from a time when folks found inventive ways to do things. For example, Al shows how to make your own edge dyer using a cloths pin (if you can find one) and a piece of felt. I counted 58 different patterns.

BillB.

you can start right here! Look under patterns and templates and put sheridan in the search.

I know that I have posted 5-6 original sheridan belt patterns myself in the past.

pete

Thanks for all the help. Chan's book looks like what I need. I just need to find a place I can order it from. Hidecrafters website must be down right now, but I will keep looking.

Thanks for all the help. Chan's book looks like what I need. I just need to find a place I can order it from. Hidecrafters website must be down right now, but I will keep looking.

You will just have to call them. They are usually pretty good on the phone.

Do you happen to have their phone #?

Hidecrafters number

ORDER TOLL FREE 1-888-263-5277

Hidecrafters sells Chan's patterns. Likely the easiest place to order them from. His patterns are very nice.

in 2007 You Could Also Order his Book Of Belt Patterns from weaver leather For $24.95

Edited by Greybeard