Sign in to follow this  
Muddy

New starter from australia

Hi to all,

I am interested in carving leather with the hope to eventually make myself a good target quvier. Any of you who live here in australia where do you get your supplies? :helpsmilie: One day i hope to be able to produce something remotely close to what i have seen here.

P.S if anyone has a pattern for a quiver that i could see that would be great

Back quiver or side quiver?

Birdsall Leather in Sydney is a good bet, they carry just about everything and are very helpful. Have fun. Darryl

hey muddy, i really love lefflers in melbourne..they have a terrible website but if you get them to send you a catalogue you can order over the phone...really quick cheap delivery..if you join their members club you get 30% off the prices.

Back quiver or side quiver?

Im after a side quiver, my whole family shoots target bows. After wearing out two sythetic quivers i now want a leather one. My father used to do a little leatherwork years ago but got rid of his gear when he turned to silver work. So after allways liking the look of carved leather things i want to learn to do it myself

Im after a side quiver, my whole family shoots target bows. After wearing out two sythetic quivers i now want a leather one. My father used to do a little leatherwork years ago but got rid of his gear when he turned to silver work. So after allways liking the look of carved leather things i want to learn to do it myself

Bummer; I haven't worked out a pattern for a side quiver yet. I just made one, but I doubt it'll fit an adult male, since I made it for a 15-year-old girl who's on the petite side. :-D It'd be easy to size up, though.

Edited by tashabear

here is a pic of one style of side quiver i make...i usually only make it with one pocket now..after making, i wet and stretch the pocket to allow for arrows... you should be able to work out the design if you like it...

P5150015.JPG

the top flap goes over a belt and the arrows will point forward

post-4514-1230359592_thumb.jpg

Edited by leatheroo

hey muddy, i really love lefflers in melbourne..they have a terrible website but if you get them to send you a catalogue you can order over the phone...really quick cheap delivery..if you join their members club you get 30% off the prices.

Cheer's for that, didn't know the existed. I can get leather from our local whip maker, but hardware, dyes etc, I usually go to Birdsalls. I'll give Lefflers a go. Darryl