I have an industrial bench with a Singer machine, the motor is a Singer motor 250w one, it seems to work OK, but the metal casing gets quite hot, I have take then end with the wring off and it was packed iwth dense fluff which I sucked with a vacuum cleaner and blew out, I havent take then clutch end off yet as I am not sure what it will be like inside there and if I will be able to get it back together again. even with the fluff out of the wiring end it still runs hot, the windings look like new, and there is no scorch damage anywhere on the inside of the wiring end, even a brown label on the wring is still intact. what do you suggest I do? the clutch take up and brake seems to be working fine, only the ribbed modby of the motor does get hot when it is running for about an hour. These photos show the type of motor that it is, thanks Amateursewing

DUTCH SINGER 20U IN CLUTCH MOTOR BENCH (11).JPG

motor+screws+arrowed.jpg

Edited by amateursewing

call springfield leather. if they can not help you they will know who can

It will not be worth it to take it apart and rebuild it. Replace it with a Servo sewing motor, it will save on electrically, give better control, and you will love it.  In the US they are about $125.00