MaverickFZX750

Hello from Russia

Hi all! My name is Yuri from Ulyanovsk, Russia. Since 2012 I do leather work as my hobby. I like belts, sheath, holsters, and ect. interesting in leather carving, stamping and all other techniques to work with. I got topic on Blade Forums http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1398593-My-leather-works   Some other works i'll show here.

Have a nice day to everyone!

It's my latest work. The belt I made a couple weeks back. 44 mm width. Buffalo leather about 13 oz and lining with 4oz cow hide. Solid brass buckle 32 mm w., rivet, screws. A few stamping. Saddle soap as finish. The heaviest belt i've ever made but soft and comfortable.

13063291_m.jpg
13063293_m.jpg
13063287_m.jpg
13063288_m.jpg
13063294_m.jpg
13063297_m.jpg
13063389_m.jpg

That's a big nice belt. Welcome aboard.

that belt is different from anything iv seen. that is a good thing.

good looking work, i like the look of the finish with the saddle soap

what sewing machine are you using?  

On 15 июля 2016 г. at 5:13 PM, Norton Custom Leather said:

that belt is different from anything iv seen. that is a good thing.

good looking work, i like the look of the finish with the saddle soap

what sewing machine are you using? 

Hi! Thanks a lot! Sewing by my hands only. Don't have any machines. It's diamond hole punch 2 mm.

late reply, apologies, work has been extreme. i do all my stitching by hand. seems every time I get centered on a machine I change my mind.

who do you have for suppliers near you? I am always looking for the old school tools also if you ever see any. i use to have loads of them until my dad passed away & his girlfriend supposedly got rid of them. they were bought from man who was a friend of the family & the only actual cowboy iv ever met & lived in the country all my life.       

Yuri...Beautiful work....great stitching...lovely finish....well done! Keep it up! Jamie

Looks good and interesting design Yuri. Surprised to see the lining done as you have. Have you found any trouble getting that 44mm through the pants loops? I am thinking of doing some backstrap crocodile belts in this size due to having so many too large to fit into my 38mm size width. Nice looking brass or stainless buckles for 44/45mm belts are also another problem. BTW nice work on the belt holder as well.

Edited by RockyAussie
wrong word used

54 minutes ago, RockyAussie said:

Looks good and interesting design Yuri. Surprised to see the lining done as you have. Have you found any trouble getting that 44mm through the pants loops? I am thinking of doing some backstrap crocodile belts in this size due to having so many too large to fit into my 38mm size width. Nice looking brass or stainless buckles for 44/45mm belts are also another problem. BTW nice work on the belt holder as well.

I made a mate of mine a 3" ranger belt for his modern quickdraw holster. Next time I saw him in the pub he loved it so much he was holding up his jeans with it... Sans pistol of course. I never did ask where he found jeans with such big loops.

Thanks for your opinions folks, it's a pleasure for me.

Norton Custom Leather, I use some tools from Taiwan like Ivan and others like that cause it simple and cheap for beginners like me. I got some Barri King stamps for carving, are very beautiful at work. I dont't have any suppliers near me, only in Moscow. I can take some tools only by an order or make it myself ;).

RockyAussie, There are no problems with the loops for 44 width even 50 mm. I think it depends on the model of jeans.

Thanks for that answer. If you come across any good buckle suppliers in that size range please let me know. I have done up knife patterns today and I will post some pics hopefully in 2 or 3 weeks. Funny thing and no bull I made up a 50mm double tongue belt for this fellow in Amazon Singapore a few months back and he emailed me today wanting a couple more. Horrible buckle but he likes it. What do you think?

DSC05361_resize.JPG

DSC05358_resize.JPG

If you looking for buckles for 50 mm, look at this place http://www.leathercrafttools.com/hardware/buckles/double/list.jsp  I think on your photo simple and practical buckle not so beautiful but can be. Nice croc leather like how it looks. I want to try to make some braided belt with two rings, I read that is true australian design. 

Oh yeah! About australian style, three weeks ago i got my first Akubra. It's very comfortable, when i put it on my head I thought i was born in this hat.  If you're ever going to Southport on Warehouse road, give my regards to Andrew and other people who work in there.

13531750_m.jpg

Edited by MaverickFZX750

Thanks for link on buckles Yuri. The Akubra looks a good fit indeed. The off-cuts of the croc belts above often go to Akubra for hatbands. I will pass on your regards for sure. See croc hat-band with croc teeth below. Oh yeah the braided belt with rings are generally done with Kangaroo lace and very common and popular here. Plaiting is one area I have not done much of myself, I mostly stick with crocodile and it doesn't plait well. Best regards for now Brian. 

2_resize.JPG

Добрый вечер !

Поделитесь пожалуйста ,   где в Поволжье  можно кожу  разную  приобретать на постоянной основе .Спасибо

20 hours ago, scraft said:

Добрый вечер !

Поделитесь пожалуйста ,   где в Поволжье  можно кожу  разную  приобретать на постоянной основе .Спасибо

Привет! Да делиться-то особо нечем. Сложно сказать где в Поволжье можно кожу приобретать, наверное мест много, Работаю с импортной кожей, ибо качество намного выше.