TwinOaks

Time for another Pay It Forward?

Howdy, rhall!

Yep, you've joined up just in time to get in on this round of Pay It Forward. Rayban pretty much explained it, but I'd like to add that there's no monetary value requirement. Of course, no one expects (I hope) to be receiving a saddle or anything like that. This whole idea was to get new folks exposed to the many different types of leatherwork. For example, Wildrose sent me a leather covered box with a Celtic design she made. She researched some of my posts and found some things I'm interested in then tailored the box cover to me. I sent my recipient a creaser/folder/slicker I made out of some nice wood and included a sheath for it. He was new to the craft, and I figured it was something he could use. Others have received customized wallets, leather hats, some belts/belt buckles,etc. Heres' links to the other PIFs, if you want to see how the last ones worked out:

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?s...c=1842&st=0

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=2293

Feel free to post any questions, we'll get them answered as quickly and accurately as possible.

Edited by TwinOaks

I'd like to get in on this one. I'll go international also

Tom

Edited by carr52

They'll be here....I already have dye on my hands from a little touch-up job this morning.....I'm anxious to see your work, how ya doing with the pictures??

Here are the pictures thanks to my granddaughter, Ashlie, who pulled my bacon out of the fire again. I hope your critique is not too hard on me. Sorry it took so long. this is probably the last pictures your going to get because my granddaughter is going back to NC today.:

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp205/r...LoradoBowie.jpg

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp205/r...oradoBowie2.jpg

Thanks Twinoaks,My 15 yearold GD just flew though a picture forwarding maze to send a pic of a project I am working on.It's a Brass lined sheath for Cold Steels Lorado bowie knife.This blade of Carbon V steel is so sharp it cuts it's way out of the Factory supplied sheath in about a second!So I designed this case with a Brass Liner of Shim Stock material.Culmination of several month's work delayed by the one inch slash that this opened up on my right palm!!! I sewed it up myself but it took a while to heal,luckily there is not too much nearve damage,Remember to handle Sharp Tools an Impliments with care!I will enroll in Med School if I servive afew more months in this Hobby!

hI, I'll play and ship across the pond.

hI, I'll play and ship across the pond.
put me down but no ' over the sea' fer me pete

Sorry Mike but I can't do over the big pond.

Josh

Sorry I can't ship overseas either right now.

I've got a copy of the list saved to file on my laptop and it includes who can ship internationally and who can only go domestic. For our members who've signed up, but don't have their location listed in their profile, please let me know your shipping preferences. For our members abroad (not in the continental U.S.) please let me know if you CAN'T ship internationally.

Here's the current roster:

Twinoaks

Luke Hatley

Wildrose

Timd1159

CitizenKate

Jbird

pabloz

rdb

Crystal

GregGuab

Colman

westtxcowboy1979

Kani

scissormedic

UKRay

Rayban

dbusarow

ferret

DaveD

Elegant

ta2r

Dynamik1

tashabear

Pip

Becca4u

leatheroo

rawhide1

MADMAX22

Pineyboy

Dags3777

rhall

carr52

leatherhead

Hennessy

I can ship international.

Crystal

I can ship international also, too (USPS).

Since I've had a question about the shipping of our gifts, I'll post the info here for all to read.

When the final roster is posted, the names will be in a randomized order, with substitutions (as needed) for those who can't ship internationally. At that point, we'll all be shipping to the name below ours on the roster. Please contact that person for a shipping address. In the previous PIFs, this has been handled through PMs.

For those who've shipped internationally before, would you please post some specifics.

I mailed out thru USPS to France a couple months ago....a large envelope.....holster patterns....may have cost about $5 to mail within the US....to France it cost about $13 if my memory serves me. It didn't hurt because the person I mailed to paid for shipping.

this is a good time of year for this for me that is. christmas stuff is done. things are slowing down at least here for me so will be easier to do this time. my show season is done. Ive got time. Ill be catching up on the last one. so got my work cut out. count me in.

Our modem at home is shot, so right now I'm at our public library. We won't be online again at home 'til at least tomorrow...anyhow as to shipping out of US: I personally have found that it varies by where it's going (of course). I always ship with the post office. I find UPS is way overpriced. While it is more expensive to go out of the country, I've found it to be usually within twice the price.

Ill ship overseas as well.

And guys when they ask if its a gift say YES, more often then not this will decrease the price if not for you for your recipient.

Edited by MADMAX22

Overseas, OK with me too.

sign me up i will ship international......

This sounds like fun! Count me in - Deb

I will ship International too.

Johnny

I'm up for a the gift exchange, if its not too late..... :grouphug5vj5:

I am digging the idea. Count me in (if there is still an option) and I can ship internationally as well.

I am new to the forum but have been visiting for awhile. This group is truely inspiring. Count me in on the PIF and include me in the international shippers. Looks like I will be in this group for a long time.

1bootscootin (Real name Jim)

Wow Mike we really have line up this time at this rate be time we do the next one will have

Every one signed up LOL

Josh

Count me in, too! I ship everywhere.

Gesa