Thank you so much Mike. .I really want to try and get this up and running..it looks indestructible and fun to use. It'  wasted in storage. Xx

On 13/12/2017 at 8:36 PM, mikesc said:

I put the pages onto another HD ( not on this machine )..and forgot all about it, ( and of my "tax year" here,- business tax year, personal tax years are approximately May to May - and have been very busy too, I mostly look in and maybe post late at night ) so the translation is going to be late, but I'll get on it. The missing pages may well be the ones that cover where the bobbin goes ( I read through the pages very quickly and noticed that the missing pages were a "bit critical" to be able to thread it, but, we'll see ) I'll try and get it all ( the pages that Verc sent to me ) translated and assembled into a PDF with the original photos, up before Xmas hits us..

How' you get on with the translation Mike? Xx

I didn't forget this time, but have been unexpectedly very very busy over Xmas, ( was just settling down for a relax, and ...lost some roofing in a storm, been sewing temporary tarps to hold out the weather today, weather woman says tomorrow is less rainy/stormy, hoping to get my tarps finished and in place by Thursday, and be able to take a breather, and put the PDF together, go food shopping etc ) ..the weekend coming is for splitting logs, long range forecast says colder and more stormy..we are right on the coast, less than 5 minutes walk from the beach. Can get cheap Chinese tarps here ( 240gm per square metre ) , but they are the wrong dimensions, so have to cut them up and sew them them back together ..in the house..as the workshop roof is what got damaged..fortunately I have one industrial sewing machine ( although it isn't a tarp sewing machine ) in the living room.Cutting and resewing 4m x 6m tarps in the living room is very awkward..as is attaching them to the roof in a storm, hence I hope that the TV weather woman was accurate about Wednesday's and Thursday's weather.

OK..the French TV weather woman wasn't telling the entire story, Wednesday was mainly sunny , but with severe hail showers about every 30 minutes ( falling right out of clear skies , like they do ) ..so..I didn't get my tarps on until Thursday afternoon..But I did translate the original manual from venc during Wednesday night and into Thursday morning ( took quite some time because I had to go exploring French websites* about "old style" French shoemaking to try to understand some of the technical terms ) finished and proof read ..just the once..because as someone here says .."life is too short".

I converted the original manual which included the images of the machine and it's parts ( it was in French ) which was posted by  venc..
( Thanks venc :-) ) to a PDF..and made my translation of the French text to English into an accompanying PDF..

I suggest that anyone who wants them downloads both..and opens them side by side..they will make more sense that way than if I had tried to "blend" them ( which was what I had originally thought to do ) into one PDF.

The original French manual from venc is too big for me to upload when converted to PDF ( I kept the image quality high so as to keep the photos of the machine clear ), so I'll be contacting a mod  to help me with the upload and hopefully they will place the link to it in this post..here

The English translation PDF is much smaller ( no images, text only ) and so I can upload it here directly..please download both..unless of course you read French, in which case you'll only need the French one..

English translation

*My main source for the meanings of French shoemaking technical terms is a website run by "tic tac"..who I know from his blog is a visitor to here sometimes..to tic tac.."chapeau bas et merci"  ( my hat is doffed to you and thank you ) .M

Gritzner Manual Sole Sewing Machine English Translation of Original French Text.pdf

Here is the rest of the Gritzner sole stitcher manual, with the original French text and images, as supplied to me by @mikesc.

Gritzner-sole-stitcher-manual-French-text+images.pdf

On ‎29‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:34 PM, mikesc said:

OK..the French TV weather woman wasn't telling the entire story, Wednesday was mainly sunny , but with severe hail showers about every 30 minutes ( falling right out of clear skies , like they do ) ..so..I didn't get my tarps on until Thursday afternoon..But I did translate the original manual from venc during Wednesday night and into Thursday morning ( took quite some time because I had to go exploring French websites* about "old style" French shoemaking to try to understand some of the technical terms ) finished and proof read ..just the once..because as someone here says .."life is too short".

I converted the original manual which included the images of the machine and it's parts ( it was in French ) which was posted by  venc..
( Thanks venc :-) ) to a PDF..and made my translation of the French text to English into an accompanying PDF..

I suggest that anyone who wants them downloads both..and opens them side by side..they will make more sense that way than if I had tried to "blend" them ( which was what I had originally thought to do ) into one PDF.

The original French manual from venc is too big for me to upload when converted to PDF ( I kept the image quality high so as to keep the photos of the machine clear ), so I'll be contacting a mod  to help me with the upload and hopefully they will place the link to it in this post..here

The English translation PDF is much smaller ( no images, text only ) and so I can upload it here directly..please download both..unless of course you read French, in which case you'll only need the French one..

English translation

*My main source for the meanings of French shoemaking technical terms is a website run by "tic tac"..who I know from his blog is a visitor to here sometimes..to tic tac.."chapeau bas et merci"  ( my hat is doffed to you and thank you ) .M

Gritzner Manual Sole Sewing Machine English Translation of Original French Text.pdf

Thank you so much for your time  much apprietiated

On 7/16/2016 at 6:52 AM, mariemoo said:

Hello people :) I recently acquired this off an elderly gentlman whos father was a cobbler..I think it is a sole stitcher But I have no idea...it has 'gritzner' and 'patent' printed on the side. It all moves smoothly and the bobbing has some thick thread still in it. It all seems intact just trying to do some research and maybe get it back to near its former glory. :blink: if anyone know absolutely anything that may help as I cant figure out how to even thread it yet haha xx

FB_IMG_1468672784358.jpg

FB_IMG_1468672779375.jpg

How are you getting on with this ?

I too had just found and bought one around the same time as you posted this ,Have today just come back in to find instructions and manual too lol ain't the internet great

Edited by Northmount
removed redundant posts

On 16.7.2016 at 2:52 PM, mariemoo said:

Hello people :) I recently acquired this off an elderly gentlman whos father was a cobbler..I think it is a sole stitcher But I have no idea...it has 'gritzner' and 'patent' printed on the side. It all moves smoothly and the bobbing has some thick thread still in it. It all seems intact just trying to do some research and maybe get it back to near its former glory. :blink: if anyone know absolutely anything that may help as I cant figure out how to even thread it yet haha xx

FB_IMG_1468672784358.jpg

FB_IMG_1468672779375.jpg

What needle and where can you buy new? How to  insert a new needle?