VLSand50

.45 double stack magazine pattern?

Does anyone know where I can locate a .45 cal double stack magazine pattern? I have come across several for single stack. I might just have to enlarge a single stack pattern? Thanks in advance!

Not all mags are created equal.  You might have better results if you tell us what mag you're trying to suit.  All these boys round here, SOMEBODY got one ... ;)

Do you have a double stack your going to use to mold it to or are you just using a pattern for a general size and calling it good? 

If you can make a single stack then "learn" the process for making your double stack. Its the exact same  principle just make it deeper. 

The clip is for a Springfield XDm .45. The customer wants a double clip holder for a shoulder sling set up. I do know how to do a single stack. I just thought I would ask to see if someone already made a pattern for a side by side double stack clip? 

I guess I'll have to "LEARN" how to do it.

I don't want to come across as an arse here but you are using the wrong terminology, you want to make a mag pouch not a clip pouch, magazine and clip denote 2 different animals to people in the gun - shooting world.

On 7/25/2016 at 9:50 AM, VLSand50 said:

Here is how I do it, . . . if you really need it, . . . I'll check (shop is in a mess right now) and see if I can find my manila folder pattern.

It's really pretty simple, . . . back is flat, . . . front is the width of the mags plus about a half inch over the depth of the mags times 4.  Sew the center, . . . wet and form the mags on the sides, . . . let it dry, . . . sew, trim, dye, finish, . . . you are done.

I use the snaps, . . . makes it easier and quicker to get off if needed, . . . plus the opening allows it to be placed with a belt loop between the fingers, . . . it DOES NOT move around on you then.

May God bless,

Dwight

double mag pouch 1.jpg

double mag pouch 2.jpg

double mag pouch 3.jpg

Edited by Dwight

51 minutes ago, Dwight said:

front is the width of the mags plus about a half inch over the depth of the mags times 4.

Spoken like a man who has done that TOO many times ;)  I admit it, I had to read that more'n once.  The rest of you just keep sayin' I'm the only one scratched my head fer a minute... no worry.

Incidentally, I don't mind a little curve in my pouches... but for a shoulder harness -- flat in the back is GOOD.

Edited by JLSleather

On 7/25/2016 at 9:50 AM, VLSand50 said:

I didn't notice the shoulder holster part, . . . 

Here's the shoulder holster rig I use for side by sides.  I also do a back to back, . . . not as wide, . . . I think it looks better.

Basically two pieces of leather, . . . same process as the other one, . . . just different design.

May God bless,

Dwight

shoulder 5 small.jpg

On 7/26/2016 at 7:24 PM, Dwight said:

I didn't notice the shoulder holster part, . . . 

Here's the shoulder holster rig I use for side by sides.  I also do a back to back, . . . not as wide, . . . I think it looks better.

Basically two pieces of leather, . . . same process as the other one, . . . just different design.

May God bless,

Dwight

shoulder 5 small.jpg

Exactly what I'm looking for Dwight! Thanks so much.

On 7/26/2016 at 1:04 PM, OLDNSLOW said:

I don't want to come across as an arse here but you are using the wrong terminology, you want to make a mag pouch not a clip pouch, magazine and clip denote 2 different animals to people in the gun - shooting world.

I guess its the old military in me. I had a drill in basic that would make you do push ups forever if you called clips and magazines wrong. He said 'mags go in rifles", "clips go in pistols". I guess he was wrong? But I wasn't going to tell him that!