tjkarmin

Tacsew T111-155 spitting oil

Hi everyone,

Last year I purchased a Tacsew T111-155. I'm having a few issues. It tends to "spit" out oil drops as I'm sewing creating a mess and ruining leather I'm sewing on. Also the thread coming from the top tend to get oily as well. When I sew the first inch is usually oily. How can I avoid this?  Thanks!!!

38 minutes ago, tjkarmin said:

Hi everyone,

Last year I purchased a Tacsew T111-155. I'm having a few issues. It tends to "spit" out oil drops as I'm sewing creating a mess and ruining leather I'm sewing on. Also the thread coming from the top tend to get oily as well. When I sew the first inch is usually oily. How can I avoid this?  Thanks!!!

How often are you oiling the machine?

The Tacsew T111-155 has an oil sump and an oil pumping system. There should be some way to regulate how much oil is being pumped to the top. Perhaps you can dial back the oil flow until things are lubricated properly but not spewing oil.

I'm still puzzled why Tacsew would name a machine 111-155, as if to purposely confuse scores of people and make them think the machine has anything in common with the Singer 111W155. Even Cory got tripped up on his Tacsew 111-155 blog post with nice pictures of the oil pump system. 

Edited by Uwe

I find this to be a pretty oily machine. Before I start sewing, I wipe down everything that might come in contact with the material -- even the bed by the uprise seems to get oil on it -- and sew on some scrap material or a paper towel till the oil's gone. After that, you should be good for the day.

I find that most of my machines will have some oil hanging on the needle after they've been sitting for a while. This'll get the thread oily, too. But maybe I'm oiling them too much. :)

If you think it's pumping too much oil, there's a little plate by the pump screen that can be adjusted (slide it open for less oil, I believe). It's in the manual. Let me know if you need a picture of it.

Good luck!

c

Yes,this adjustment is made to close if your sewing slow & open it if your sewing faster.Is it closed now?