Good job. Keep having fun.

Really nice job!

How fun is wet moulding :) I've done two now, learned a lot each time but really enjoyable.

Yours looks really good, and the Sam brown stud is a good choice too.

I went with the sam brown as i am not enjoying poppers. Such poor quality and difficult to know what is good (for the price). Fixing them is also proving a bit frustrating to say the least.

I am realising that some of the older tried and trusted hardware is better.

Also living in england you seem to pay a premium, limited stockists and a lot are trade only :/

I have found that cheap imports have flooded every marketplace website so i spend a long time filtering through them to find the better quality items........probably ranting in the wrong place....I expect there is a whole topic on most of my comments 

Its now seeming the safer option is to import from the states and pay the tax for the peace of mind.

Rflw

good pouch. what size sam brown did you use?

Umm...4 mm stem 7mm head I think.  I thought it may be too big but in the end it all seemed to come together.

Going for a mora sheath next but want to put a modern twist on a bushcraftvstyle sheath somehow.....not sure how though.

Grierwolfe did a nice take on an ambi carry bushcraft mora sheath. He's on YouTube. He did advise somewhere about scout carry not really lending itself to knives like the companion mora.

I only mention it because I'm about to produce a few mora sheaths myself.

On 20/07/2016 at 0:42 PM, Rflw said:

I went with the sam brown as i am not enjoying poppers. Such poor quality and difficult to know what is good (for the price). Fixing them is also proving a bit frustrating to say the least.

I am realising that some of the older tried and trusted hardware is better.

Also living in england you seem to pay a premium, limited stockists and a lot are trade only :/

I have found that cheap imports have flooded every marketplace website so i spend a long time filtering through them to find the better quality items........probably ranting in the wrong place....I expect there is a whole topic on most of my comments 

Its now seeming the safer option is to import from the states and pay the tax for the peace of mind.

Rflw

Proper brass (rather than brass plated steel) press studs are available from Le Prevo or Abbey. LP are more hobby oriented.

Thanks biker. I will take a look.

Do abbey sell to public? Looked at their site and it is not quite clear. Really like the look of the fireman buckles and would love to do a couple of belts. Cannot find them on any other site.

LP is a hard site to use. Gonna wait till i have a decent list to order before using their...unique ordering system!

Rflw

To order from Abbey, you need an account. I just put my trade as "student" because at the time I couldn't demonstrate my business. They are trade-focused but their minimum order is only £15, quantities are reasonable, and they ship orders very quickly.

Abbey is fine, and no problem for signing onto.  As to demonstrating you are a business, I think I just popped the business name in, at that was that.

I agree, the Le Provo website is a bit basic, but you get used to it.   I do have to say that the staff are absolute stars, are happy to help out, and (more importantly) know what they are talking about.  Don't be shy about phoning them if not sure about an item.

I've been buying most of my leather, dye, and hardware from Le Provo, and haven't even had a hint of not happiness over the quality of their stuff.:)

Abbey is a great shop! They do have the "full" bras hardware where most of what I can find here in the Netherlands seems to be plated.

When I created my account with them I just put in "lifestyle" and the next day I received confirmation of my account.

I really like it, looks like it turned out perfect.

Chris