20160606_141158-1.jpg

20160719_111630-1.jpg

Why is the picture from my last post here?

Edited by Toney

I was rather proud of the pouch...

I won't post any more pics...

16 hours ago, Toney said:

I was rather proud of the pouch...

I won't post any more pics...

?

Not sure which was the old one and which was from this post, but is the top pic for a pocket, or are there loops/clip on the back?  I ask because I'm about to redo a pocket holster for my Walther PPK, have a Galco I've used for a while, but it's on it's last leg, was wondering how the slick finish worked and if the little wing that Galco says catches your pocket was really needed.

Can't quite tell, but it looks like in the second pic, when the holster is on the belt, the basketweave winds up matching the angle on the mag, yes? Nice crisp lines on the molding on that, what weight leather was it (I'm still practicing my molding, I can't get them that deep and clean without the flat area looking like I abused the hell out of it...)

Trip

I'm using 6-7 Herman oak

Thanks for that!  I may give that loop style a shot, though my concern on the PPK is the weight (dang thing weighs almost what my polymer 45 does...) 30+ years working leather and I'm just starting in holsters, so I'm making as many styles to try as I can.

I've seen the method in the second pic, haven't given it a shot yet, but I think that'll be on the list for this weekend for sure now, I have some doublestack Taurus mags to do, was actually just sitting here filing the heck out of my nails so I didn't mar the surface when hand molding again :)

Looks good!  Nice job!