Hi,

Can anyone help with a service/operator manual for the Singer 236 post bed series. I have just bought a Singer 236G124  machine to sew shoe uppers, which i think is the same as the Singer 236W series as the G indicates it was made in Germany, but i might be incorrect. I have searched the net for hours and there are free manuals out there to download for the W series but the images are shocking and just about non existent. If any one can assist I am happy to pay for an emailed copy as I live in South Africa and international post can take forever or go missing.

Singer 236G124.JPG

2 hours ago, Eileen said:

Hi,

Can anyone help with a service/operator manual for the Singer 236 post bed series. I have just bought a Singer 236G124  machine to sew shoe uppers, which i think is the same as the Singer 236W series as the G indicates it was made in Germany, but i might be incorrect. I have searched the net for hours and there are free manuals out there to download for the W series but the images are shocking and just about non existent. If any one can assist I am happy to pay for an emailed copy as I live in South Africa and international post can take forever or go missing.

Hope you are aware of the very short stitch lenght of the 236 machines.

I just scanned my Singer 236w operators guidebook - you can download it in this post:

https://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/87614-download-singer-236w-236g-manual-operators-guide

I put it in a separate post so it can be found in a google search.

Hope this helps ;)

Edited by Constabulary

Thank you so very much. Cant express enough how much I appreciate you putting in the time and effort to scan and upload. Unlike the other manuals online, now I can see what the text is trying to tell me. I am a visual learner ;-)

Yes, I only read about the short stitch after I bought it, but hoping it will be ok as I will only be using it to attach shoe uppers in nappa to split leather lining. Hopefully in future I can somehow get the knife working to undertrim the lining as well, but for now I first need to learn the basics of operating a post bed, which is very different to my flat bed treadle Singer 31K15.

My mother has a Singer 160 sewing machine. She uses it pretty often and has never had a problem. It’s versatile and can be used with different types of fabrics. And it surely stands out with its appearance. Black and gold polish makes it classy and simple.