I did this holster for Deputy_hookem on instagram. The image is of his hip hop CD cover.

20160723_091611_zpsphtaoohe.jpg

That is pretty cool!  I haven't the foggiest idea how you did that, but it is really slick!

On 7/24/2016 at 8:18 PM, alfredleatherworks said:

That is pretty cool!  I haven't the foggiest idea how you did that, but it is really slick!

This is how I did it.

On 7/26/2016 at 11:35 PM, glockanator said:

This is how I did it.

OK, that has to be one of the coolest things I've watched in a while.  Thanks for sharing that!  I just might have to try this soon!

Hey, Glockanator, . . . good job my friend.

I had seen that video, probably over a year or so ago, had forgotten how he did that.

Thanks for the reminder, . . . I just may do something with that, . . . got a couple things in mind, . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight

Was the leather WET or DRY when you transferred it?  Looks like it held up during the wet forming of the pistol.

On 7/31/2016 at 2:20 AM, keplerts said:

Was the leather WET or DRY when you transferred it?  Looks like it held up during the wet forming of the pistol.

It was dry. The one thing I will say was this was my second attempt. The first one I did not leave to dry long enough so when I put on the resolene it faded bad and made the image all muddy. On this one I let it sit for about 3 days (may have been over kill) and then buffed it before I put the finish on. It still faded but not like the other one did.

Just as a side note:

You can use a good laser printer for image transfer. Print on very good quality white copier paper, remember to reverse the image.

Use a heat press, home clothes iron doesn't work well. You will need to test your press time on some scrap of leather you intend to use.

After the print is transferred you need to "Fix" the image in an oven. Small $100 ovens work great. Apply temperature of 250 to 275 for about 2 to three minutes. 

The oven makes the image permanent.

Ferg

5 hours ago, Ferg said:

Just as a side note:

You can use a good laser printer for image transfer. Print on very good quality white copier paper, remember to reverse the image.

Use a heat press, home clothes iron doesn't work well. You will need to test your press time on some scrap of leather you intend to use.

After the print is transferred you need to "Fix" the image in an oven. Small $100 ovens work great. Apply temperature of 250 to 275 for about 2 to three minutes. 

The oven makes the image permanent.

Ferg

Thanks for bringing this point up as I forgot to mention it. As this was my first attempt at anything like this. I did use a iron to hest the image after I let it dry for a couple of days. I think an oven would work better though.