Not even close to dry just yet, but here's a few of the new "models"..  Tha's a Ruger LCR (top), a 642 j-frame S/W (left) and a Ruger SP101 3".  All pretty good fit, meaning I like 'em about 8.5 outta 10.  So the patterns will get 'tweaked' just a tad before sending.  Still, very usable holsters...

np.jpg

Cool, I have been wanting an Lcr. 

Wunna these days I gotta git that carving design laid out too... lady got a SP101 with all kindza fancy smancy etching in the steel... wants some scroll work to match and the holster done in that rosewood-ish color that Ruger loves so much on the grips.  Calculating the time involved in matching that color in leather dye... carry the naught ... carry the naught ... ;)

Hey JS, did you use a machine or handstitch  them? If it's a machine, how did you get so close to the raised areas and not leave any marks?

Yep, machine.  Stitched 'em before forming 'em -- so there weren't any raised areas ;)

That's one of my "peeves".. stitch line 1/4" or 1/2' out from the gun.  That and wrinkles on the back... like the maker couldn't be bothered to work those out... 

Nice looking holsters, especially for pattern "testers"! I'm doing my best not to comment on backside wrinkles ;)

See, now tha's not quite what I said ;)  Man, how quick a feller kin git'n trouble ....

Thanks, though.. yours are some of the revolver holsters I always enjoy seeing!

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 5:52 AM, JLSleather said:

Yep, machine.  Stitched 'em before forming 'em -- so there weren't any raised areas ;)

That's one of my "peeves".. stitch line 1/4" or 1/2' out from the gun.  That and wrinkles on the back... like the maker couldn't be bothered to work those out... 

hey JLS...question on stitch line comment... do you mean that you stitch right up tight to the gun?

I'm still trying to learn.

Yep, I want the stitch line AT the gun. Not sorta. Not 1/2" over.  Put a double row there don't make up for the gap, neither. ;)

And I'm still tryin' ta learn, too.

Is there a bazillion of 'em out there with wanderin' stitch lines? Yep.  But they ain't mine. They's gonna be a stack of folks about to argue the point (most of 'em behind the scenes) but if you're gonna leave space there.. why stitch the inside at all... since you're okay with relying on the glue anyway?!

BUT.... so tight up on the gun that the stitch strains into the leather when you try to fit the gun.. that aint good neither.  Sweet spot is somewhere 'tween them two.

I want a nice clean "corner" in there at the edges. Like :

2112.jpg

Ever have one o those times where you looked at something you did and thought.. WHAT was I thinkin' when that happened?!@#!#$%!

Yeah, me neither.. I was just testin' you fellas ;)

DSC00602.jpg

I have, on occasion, been known to recover reasonably well :whistle:

608.jpg