I have successfully built a cobbler bench to mount my future Boss2.

Would you mind sharing your Boss bolt pattern and measurements for mounting to my riser?

Thank you!  Norman in Michigan

I did not use bolts for mine, . . . instead, I fixed it so the off side of the boss goes directly to a level table.  Sure makes long belts a whole lot easier to manage.

I also made a little table for it off to the left of the boss.  The top is made from a scrap piece of nylon (?) kitchen cutting board.  

The little table and the boss are both held in place by "C" clamps, . . . so either can be pulled very quickly and easily.  The boss is pulled for general maintenance and cleaning from time to time, . . . the little table is pulled so I can change out the bobbin.

This may not work for you, . . . but it is my best shot.

May God bless,

Dwight

my tippmann.jpg

new shop first belt 022514.jpg

shop sewing machine.jpg

Dwight, Your setup is very nifty and creative. I like it.

In your pics I see your Boss with the C clamps and the vacant bolt holes. Since I already built a cobbler bench that's what I would like to use for now. Your ideas are worth it for me to print them out for reference.  Dwight, I would so appreciate it if you would measure the distance between the two front bolts (center to center). If there is one bolt in the back measure it from the center of the hole to one of the ends. This would help me immensely. Thank you. Norm       ~~mercy and grace~~

Well, . . . here you go.............

May God bless,

Dwight

boss bottom.JPG

Dwight, Your setup is very nifty and creative. I like it.

In your pics I see your Boss with the C clamps and the vacant bolt holes. Since I already built a cobbler bench that's what I would like to use for now. Your ideas are worth it for me to print them out for reference.  Dwight, I would so appreciate it if you would measure the distance between the two front bolts (center to center). If there is one bolt in the back measure it from the center of the hole to one of the ends. This would help me immensely. Thank you. Norm       ~~mercy and grace~~

4 hours ago, Dwight said:

Well, . . . here you go.............

May God bless,

Dwight

boss bottom.JPG

Hello Dwight,  Thank you!  Romans 1:16

Norman    :)

You are very welcome, Norman, . . . I hope you like your Boss as well as I do mine, . . . truthfully, . . . it is the best Boss I ever had, . . . pun intended.

Seriously, . . . it is a great machine for sewing leather, . . . and while it has it's limitations, . . . it also has some nifty perks.

May God bless,

Dwight  

(Romans 8:28)

Dwight, One last thing. The bolt hole size is -- 3/8, 1/2 or what?

I will be getting a Boss in the next month or so and plan on buying a used one.

Plan on building the riser this week - cut drill weld.

Well, . . . I went out and took my trusty Stanley pocket 10 foot tape, . . . pulled it out, . . . and no matter how I held it, . . . it would not register as a 1/2 inch or as a 15/16.  These 71 year old eyes can sometimes be troublesome.

Sooooo, . . . reached over and grabbed my handy-dandy caliper from Harbor Freight, . . . it made me feel right real good.  

It reads .490 inches, . . . maybe my eyes ain't all that bad after all.

May God bless,

Dwight  

(Romans 8:28)