Dropped a half full 4 oz plastic bottle of walnut fiebing's pro dye on the floor.  And splashed my  white leather sneakers pretty good (walnut actually looks good on white, though.. rather "dapple").

My little girl isn't going to like this.. it "ruined" the spash of purple I put there last time I made her a belt -- she was a bit proud of that purple spill :blush:

Progress, though... plastic bottles means no glass to sweep up this time.

The 4 oz was a test... and I kinda like this walnut color.  So there's MORE good news... it wasn't a quart ;)  I have heard from some sources I know pretty well that a quart plastic bottle dropped just right on a concrete floor will crack the plastic cap and the pressure from the fall will blow it -- and a good percentage of the dye --- like a pump.  Just what I hear ... :whistle:

I didn't even know they had walnut. I learn something new everyday here.

Yeah, they got some they didn't have back when I started.  LIke chocolate, but not :crazy:  Colors we used to have to experiment and mix by hand are now on the shelf (sometimes).

BUT, the floor is concrete and needed repainting anyway, and the fish didn't die (which makes sense, since I don't have any) and there is probably enough left in that little bottle to second-coat the project I was doing.. so might as well have a laugh about "feaux" wood floors!

Well thank God the fish made it.

I dropped some dye I mixed up and in an little cup, and it landed right next to my mostly white basset hound. The dye landed bottom of the cup down and splashed out like a geyser. Landing everywhere but on my basset hound. I couldn't believe, I thought for sure I was going to have a tobacco Brown spotted hound dog

Now there's an honest man.  If you believe what you hear -- around here or in fact most of the internet posted by anyone with an item to sell -- then you 'n' me are the only ones who do this type of thing on occasion ;)

I can testify that an almost full 8 ounce bottle of dye (open) dropped from approximately 4' so that it hits the concrete floor solid/level/flat (not turn over), the resulting effect is similar to "ol faithful" and will touch about everything within 2' around and about 3' high.

I generally drop contact cement instead of dye on the concrete floor of the barn tack room. Makes a pretty big mess. Which is why I'm banished to the tack room for gluing.

I was shaking up a bottle of dark brown dye a few days ago.  Suddenly saw lots of black spots appearing before my eyes.  Thought for a second it was more eye trouble!  Dye hit the white fronts of the cabinet doors, the front of the deep freeze with a wrinkle finish, the floor, ...  It sure set fast, really hard to get out of the wrinkle finish paint.  Took some scrubbing on the vinyl tiles too!  Finally used ethyl alcohol on the cabinet doors.  Softens the paint too.  Good thing I hadn't given them the finish coat yet.

Tom

My Mom's boyfriend back when I was a kid decided we should get all fancied up and go out to the "nice" restaurant one Saturday night. So there he is in a collared shirt and sport coat shaking up the ketchup bottle when the cap comes off, and sauce goes all over him. Poor waitress was in tears apologizing about how she was in the habit of loosening the caps for the older folks who come in...

To this day, I put a finger over the cap when I shake ANYTHING. And I point it away from me, or anything else I have to clean up.

Isn't it amazing how such a small amount of liquid can cover such a big area.

I refill the 4oz bottles from the big ones, and had just done that when I decided to knock over a newly filled Spanish Brown 4oz over.   Over the desk, into the 3 drawers, onto the laminated wood flooring, and my little rug (and me).

Next day, my little brain must have decided that the resulting colour scheme wasn't quite right.   So I knocked over a full 4oz bottle of Dark Brown edge cote.   It complimented the other dye quite nicely.

The day after that, I stabbed myself in the thigh with an awl while resting a piece of leather on my lap (I know.....).     I carried on and didn't really notice anything until I saw my left arm and hand had a good covering of blood.   Took a minute to work out where it was coming from.  It looked quite impressive, in its own way.

it was an interesting week..........

Yeah.. see there.. NOW they're coming out ;)