Sign in to follow this  
Ken Nelson

generic lace maker

A number of years ago someone was building a bench lace tool something like a Hansen, but built  out of aluminum.  It did not have a name on it, used a utility blade on the cutter and come a little rough.  They were inexpensive but did a really good job cutting, beveling and splitting strings.  I had one but someone got off with it and I would sure like to find another one.  Does anyone know who built it?   I got the one I used to have about 12 or 13 years ago from Hadlock Fox but no none there knows anything about it now.   Thanks    Ken

Ken, I've had a few. I did get one with instructions and it was made by JHE Enterprises or something like that in UT. I think Timberline used to carry them too. They do show up every now and again, but I don't think they've been made for a while. And in one of those "you shoulda been here yesterday" deals - one sold on Ebay yesterday. - Bruce

I have a cutter/skiver/beveler like you describe made out of aluminum... I bought it on eBay from the maker. His name was Clint Sims and for a while anyway he was a member here and I believe his handle here was "White Buff". I've not been around much myself, so I don't know if he is still around.