Ray100

adjusting forward and reverse stitch on Consew 206rb3

Hi Forum I am looking for help on adjusting the forward and reverse stitch  to fall in the same hole in forward and reverse on my Consew 206rb3 I have read thru the manual but it is not clear as to where it needs to be adjusted ,any help would be appreciated , I have learned to do all the adjustments on my machine but the stitch length is the one I need to work on thanks in advance Ray.

Any one has run Ito this problem with the forward and reversed stitch not falling inthe same hole ?

If you have a Consew 206RB-4, this will work for your specific model, see attached.

Consew 206RB-5 is different entirely, just for your reference.

STH-8BLD-3Owners_Stitch_Length_Adjust.pdf

Myne is the rb3 and I do not see that part in the inside of the machine Gergg I would like to get a real pic of the parts that I have to adjust to get the stitches to fall in the same holes 

Consew 206RB-3 and -4 are going to have the same exact adjustments for this here, see attached, hope this helps, and yes, the book is certainly confusing with this adjustment as I review.  

ConsewStitchLength2.jpg

Consewstitchlength1.jpg

Gregg thanks for the pics. How far off thecenter line do you usually see them off to correct the stitch length on forward and reverse ? 

Depends how far off your front and reverse stitch length are, see touch feel thing.

I would recommend using cardboard to poke holes into and then to measure with a ruler or micrometer the stitches per inch, this should get you where you need to be.   

micrometer the stitches per inch

Easy to spot the folks who have worked on Adlers :)

I have timing forks for that!  

Gregg thanks for all your help I was able to adjust the stitch length. Up to over       1 1/2" long . I did notice that the needle has to be all the way up when you hit reverse and the stitches will fall in the same hole . Thanks again for all your help .

Gregg thanks for all your help I was able to adjust the stitch length. Up to over       1 1/2" long . I did notice that the needle has to be all the way up when you hit reverse and the stitches will fall in the same hole . Thanks again for all your help .

Thanks for reporting back,glad that worked out.

This question is for Ray100.  Could you please make a copy of your manual or scan it?  I would like to get a copy and have been unable to find one.

Thank you

Steve

On 8/16/2016 at 9:03 AM, Gregg From Keystone Sewing said:

Consew 206RB-3 and -4 are going to have the same exact adjustments for this here, see attached, hope this helps, and yes, the book is certainly confusing with this adjustment as I review.  

ConsewStitchLength2.jpg

Consewstitchlength1.jpg

Gregg, my machine has these two scribe marks offset by about 1/8” - I tried adjusting so they were aligned and also went the same 1/8” in the opposite direction - still no effect on stitch length.  Did I misunderstand when you stated this is the adjustment to correct stitch length in the 206RB-4?

Thanks!

Gary

8 hours ago, Gregg From Keystone Sewing said:

Timing with needle feed adjustment.JPG

Thanks Gregg - so this doesn’t affect stitch length - only needle-feed dog timing.

Gary