plinkercases

Juki 1341 experience? pros cons?

5 hours ago, dikman said:

Is it normal for those bevel gears to not have any grease on them? My Pfaff is greased.

That would make more sense for sure. I’ve seen several machines with their bevel gears either covered in or encased in grease.

Just an update on my Koby 1-341. It is in fact a nice machine. I saved hundreds of dollars buying it from Chris and setting it up myself (although it sewed pretty well out of the box). The table is very low quality. As I was loading it into my truck, I mentioned to Chris that the k-legs were heavily warped. He quickly grabbed me another one. Upon setup, lots of the holes in the table were missing and or too big or too small for the hardware provided. Because the table was of such low quality, I just purchased a new one made by a company named Phillocraft and I'm extremely happy.

After setting up the machine, I noticed the felt pad was missing from the front of the machine head (and wasn't in the box), there was no machine stand peg for tilting the machine back and the Synchronizer adapter was warped and unusable. I called Chris up and he said I could come back to Toronto and grab the parts. I suggested he mail them because it was his mistake that they were left out... and he said no. He suggested that I have a friend pick them up and mail them to me if I didn't want to drive... strange but whatever.

Lastly, although the machine has the push button and some other corresponding parts, this machine doesn't come with a safety clutch. Although it may not be necessary, the included instruction and parts manual both show the safety clutch assembly in existence (not to mention all of the other 341 clones that include it). I assumed it was an assembly line mishap during manufacturing and phoned Chris to see why my machine didn't  have one and he said "you don't need. Customers don't like". I told him that I was under the impression that it was included because he had told me before I bought it that it was literally a Juki 341 machine with a different name (I knew it was a clone). Chris went on to tell me that he doesn't have those parts and cant get them in because they won't fit my machine and there was nothing he could do. The information just seemed a little shifty at this point.

Just as a heads up to anyone purchasing from Japan Sewing:

- The machine is sold at a very good price point (at least it was to me) and if your brain can process mechanics, you are set.. but only if all parts are there

- Skip the table with zero hesitation

- Be prepared to drive back for parts

- There is no safety clutch on the machine and it, apparently, can not be obtained. If it could be, I'm sure I would be paying for it too... and I would have to pick it up.

- Be aware that not all of the information you receive from this company will be accurate.