yamahog3187

Is this a tannery grade?

Being new to leather work I was wondering what the stamped number on the back side of the sides I had purchased are. I was wondering if they are some type of tannery grading system? I tried to upload a photo but the system tells me it is too large. On one hide I have it is a 100. another is a 110. A thinner one has a 90 on it. I will try to get another pic that will upload but I am not that tech savvy so it may not happen.

How large are the skins?  Those numbers may be square feet.... 10.0 .... 11.0 .. 9.0.....

eThey were sides so it is very possible. I purchased them from Tandy. They may have marked them as well. I was just trying to figure out what they meant. If someone could tell me how to make the picture smaller I could post it. The forum says it is over 1.4M but in properties it says it is only 131.8 kb. I cropped it down to just the number to get that thinking I could post it, but I still get the same message. Thanks.

Edited by yamahog3187

:dunno:  since you bought them, we assume you would ,know if the numbers were prices. If they aren't prices, then probably square foot area.  9, 10, and 11 could well be the size of small double shoulders, or possibly single bends.

Got the picture to upload. No it was not the price. They were each a side.

20160816_163030.jpg

Yeah, that's a footage mark.  10 point zero... or 10 sq ft (the underline is "tenths").

Easiest way to post pics I have found is to upload them to facebook. Then I download them to my phone. When I choose a photo to upload here I can select from photos from Facebook. They have magically been resized. Plus, I get lots of props from my peeps on Facebook.

it is a square footage mark. But then if it was from Tandy - be assured it was a tannery run grade. They only buy / resale the cheap stuff