JLSleather

Maverick 'n' stuff

59 minutes ago, JLSleather said:

$72 must be the popular number.. my W/C order was $70 shipping and was only 5 pieces (2 8oz, 1 4oz, 2 3oz).  By comparison, 10 sides of HO 7/8 was $50-something shipping :crazy:

Speaking of W/C, at this point I wish they would send my leather out. I've been waiting 3 weeks on 3 backs lol. Serves me right for waiting too long to order leather.

Not sure what's going on with them.  

I called to order one extra side - drum dyed chestnut.  My order was moving along, so easier to put on separate order.  Fair enough.. I get not wanting to go back and pick up the guy who was late when he said he'd be ready ;) 

Couple days and I got an email with a tracking number.  Then later that day I got another email saying my package had been cancelled,, tracking number voided.. something like that.  Wait.. what??? Then I noticed the tracking number wasn't the same, so maybe the second package?  It was being split, so maybe somebody was getting ready to send me skirting without splitting and 'caught' it? Just don't know.... Honestly, I didn't want to call and confuse the issue!

I dont really "track" the shipping.. just figure the total cost of each side.  It does seem that the only way(s) around this issue would be to 

• stock enough of about everything that you are never waiting on a piece you need, or
  • purchase a fast splitter, which doesn't take up much space, and buy skirting - or something heavy enough you can split all your needs from it.

Keep in mind, I'm not intending to badmouth W/C or the people there.  The sides I got were not split as requested.  But it's beautiful leather, firm and solid, and I WILL use it.  

I'm currently whining like a school girl because I hate moving, it won't stop raining (flash flood type raining, spook teh fish type raining), and this leather was to make holsters for some repeat customers I'd like to see happy even if I never make another one.

Wait, ignore that part about the school girl thingie.. I never said that ... :rofl:

Well ok told Jeff I would post up some photos of the ones I been worken on, got the 1st one almost done, done enough fer some photos anyway, gonna also cross post as this the 1st time worken with some zotics.

IMG_0381.JPG

IMG_0382.JPG

The black 'n' red works, actually, and i don't think that's as bad as you make it sound.  But, where's the loops and / or slots?

not done just yet, it had just came out of the former, need to do the slots and clear coat

I love Maverick Leathers. I've been buying from them for a few years now. I first visited them when they were still here in California. Awesome place good folks. I live and die for the Horween horse fronts, strip and russets. I mostly get the CXL and use it for a lot of my wallets and passport or leather binders I make. I have never had a problem with any orders from them.