Tinbender

My leather shop/mancave

I have been using every free moment I have building a room to do my leather work in. My wife was tired of my cb4500 sitting in the dining room. I recently built a 30'x40' shop to house all of my other projects, so I decided i needed a nice place with a/c. (South Texas MUST) I thought I would post a few pics and maybe get some more ideas on what else might be seen in a "good" shop. I inset a 3" thick marble headstone in my tooling bench so i didnt have such an uneven obstacle. I also inset some, what I'm calling medicine cabinets, in the wall to keep various items close at hand. Last thing that i think is cool is a stainless steel counter (I am a tig welder by trade) to do all of my staining and what not. Let me know what yall think. Any suggestions are welcome!

20160816_061048.jpg

Some other views. 

20160815_191416.jpg

20160816_061035.jpg

Well for a start it don't look 30x40, its way to tidy, think if other members wives see this for *#@ and at least I don't see the sewing machine in there ,I guess you got rid of the wife instead? Get rid of the other chair You don't need someone looking over your shoulder. Hope this helps. Regards Brian

This room is within a 30x40 shop, the machine is just out of view and that other chair stays, it's for my little girl. Thanks for the input.

Looks awesome!! You should really enjoy this and the extra space. Really like the idea of the built in storage in the wall, huge space saver and organizer. Oh, and as for the extra chair, who knows that little girl may follow in her Dads footsteps. Nothing wrong with that. :rolleyes:

I'd cut a hole and put a window where the tv is.  Otherwise, looks very functional.

Nice shop, now you have to fill it with toys, um, tools.

I boarded up the window in my shop. Sunlight is not good for unfinished veg-tan leather.

Looks good.

I built a very similar work bench like the one you have under the medicine cabinets.

But I added a shelf and sides underneath to store hides out of direct sunlight and the overheads.

Great looking area, really kicks with the use of the wall for inset shelf.(thumbs up) And to add to the chuckle I need to send you a new tape measure.

I can tell you about the pencil sharpener,  I'm going to try to get a battery powered or plugin style, these dang washout pencils are a pita, I was sharpening yesterday "a lot". They wear about 10 times faster than an ole #2 pencil, as most times I use Tyvek for some patterns, tracing and marking.

The stain table you built is a smart idea for sure, good tips here! Thanks

Floyd