Singermania

Cowboy CB4500 Outsole stitcher

HI all, we (Cowboy Leather Machines Australia) have been working for some time on a new machine to fill a spot in the market dominated for many years by the Landis 12.   The machine was to be able to sew shoe uppers onto soles in the outsole stitching fashion.

We are now pleased to be able to offer the Cowboy CB4500 Outsole Stitcher.   The advantage of this machine is that it is also capable of saddlery and sewing shoe uppers as well.  In other words its many machines in one.   The shoe industry has not been Cowboy Leather Machines of Australia's main market and we are only just moving into it, with sales of the new machines going well.   I would like at this time to ask the opinion of other shoe fanciers whether they feel this machine could also fill other requirements and if so what would they be?

The machine comes with a specially designed foot, plate and dog set to allow it to sew out soles and imbed the stitching on the bottom.

Cowboy outsole stitch photo 2.jpg

Cowboy narrow leather presser foot .jpg

So whats the difference from  a regular CB4500 other then the presser feet? 

Same basic machine, there are special feet as you say, then a special cutting/grooving feed dog and a modified needle plate. You would also use the D point leather needle.\  No alterations were necessary on the 4500 itself, so it can easily still be used for saddlery and shoe uppers..... by a quick change back to standard kit.   A few people have asked whether it can perform shoe patcher work, however this would not be possible, just a wish too far.

I would like to hear what other jobs might be useful in the shoe trade that we could look at next.

I think this is great news.  We need worldwide a outsole sticher that will sew heavy thread. Shoes and

boots can be made in minimal space and nobody wants a old curved needle around.  Also

chinese sites show a rc32 4a a angled elevated toe patcher which just might sew insoles

to outsole.  This would eliminated the Goodyear type construction and allow shoemakers to

eliminate a difficult handsew operation.

We were pretty pleased to be able to offer the machine in this form, it means you can sew saddles, make belts and bags, repair canvas awnings, sew shoe uppers and then with the same machine do an outsole.   No its not a Landis, but its pretty good, here is a photo send to us from using the machine

Cowboy CB4500 outsole stitcher boot photo.jpg

On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 10:21 PM, Singermania said:

We were pretty pleased to be able to offer the machine in this form, it means you can sew saddles, make belts and bags, repair canvas awnings, sew shoe uppers and then with the same machine do an outsole.   No its not a Landis, but its pretty good, here is a photo send to us from using the machine

Cowboy CB4500 outsole stitcher boot photo.jpg

Any pictures of how it looks on the bottom side? I would like to see the thread in the channel if possible. 

best I have...

Cowboy CB4500 OS bottom stitch.jpg

no I think you really need to groove it first, its not as good as a Landis, this is more of compromise that you can put into play if you have a Cowboy CB4500.   However if there was going to be a sole glued over the bottom stitch then I think its fine as it is.

I have done soles on a cobra before, before I got a curved needle and such....you can leave the outsole wide and use a right hand presser foot,only problem was the groove, but I have seen plenty of people that don't care about a groove.  I just always figured it was right to lay the stitch in the groove and it also shows a little more pride IMHO. Thanks for the pics and the info. 

Yes its best with a groove especially if its the final bottom sole, sometimes the sole is a middle section and can be rubber or soft and the stitch will pull up without a groove.  Its something for the individual to work out for the best product.

Yes a left or right toe will work, these feet will get you in closer and leave eye view clear as well.   They don't cost much and worth it I think.

What is the cost of this kit shipped to the USA?

Thank you

I have a couple of sets here in Dallas, but haven't really had a chance to play with them.  I'm not sure at this point, but it looks like the feet are a little shorter than the standard harness feet or fabric feet.  So, they'll hover a bit off the needle plate.  Since most soles are pretty thick, this should present no real issue in practice.   I need a real boot maker to bring me a sole to try it out.  

On 3/27/2017 at 4:15 PM, SolarLeatherMachines said:

I have a couple of sets here in Dallas, but haven't really had a chance to play with them.  I'm not sure at this point, but it looks like the feet are a little shorter than the standard harness feet or fabric feet.  So, they'll hover a bit off the needle plate.  Since most soles are pretty thick, this should present no real issue in practice.   I need a real boot maker to bring me a sole to try it out.  

How much for a set?

yes how much? as im in missouri and have a pair of cowboy boots that i need to resole for a friend of mine.  and i think that foot would work very well.  beats handsewing it.