charlesskelter

My projects. Critiques, tips, etc welcome.

Hey everyone. I'm new to the hobby and figure I'll just throw everything on one thread as I go for the most part so far as the show off goes. Easier than making an intro and a show off and a critique thread since I'll forget to look at some of them. I hope that isn't a problem. My first piece was the dog collar using the dog collar kit. Didn't want to dark stain, but that was my mistake so that's what I ended up with. I hope to make Pennywise a new collar in the not to distant future and get a little more customized and detailed with it. 

20160501_1355200.jpg

Edited by charlesskelter

My next project was a jump straight in the deep end. Virgin Mary. Clearly VERY ambitious and fell extremely short. Those hands...meat grinder material. Ouch. I still have NO CLUE how to get small detail like the fingers done.

IMG_20151111_213728small.jpg

Edited by charlesskelter

Well crap... Just realized the 1.46mb is entire thread photo size. I don't mess with pic hosting so I guess I'll just be very selective about posts from now on.

Reduce your photos to about 800 X 600 pixels, which is quite adequate for most web viewing here.  Then you can post lots of photos!

Tom

Edit:. You can create a gallery, upload your photos to it, then paste the link in your posts.

Thank you. I'll be sure to go through and reduce image sizes.