Josh33806

Quality Folio / Case / Brief Locks - where to buy?

I am searching for well made folio locks, reasonably open to different styles in brass preferably.

I have found a few here and there but they do not look of good quality.
The ones at http://abbeyengland.com/ appear to be alright, but they have no stock.

Example of the locks I'm thinking of are seen on this website: http://www.classicluggage.com/brief_cases_and_portfolios.htm

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Hi Josh, have you tried H. Leffler and sons in Melbourne?

Hey Rocky

I looked at their website and couldn't find anything (not a great site) and then ordered their catalogue to peruse.

Have you got them from Leffler before?

I think when I was last down there they had some good stuff but they often don't have stuff in they web page. Try ringing them. Are you able to buy as a business? Unfortunately a lot of my contacts only deal with trade and small numbers are a problem.There were a lot of different types of locks on the site you mentioned if you would pick out and copy a few of the favourite types you would like and post or PM me I will chase them up. May I ask what town your at?

Hey Rocky

I will call them today and ask them, I am a business yes so thats no trouble.

Thank you so much for your offer to help, thats really nice of you. I'm in Brisbane, where are you located? I will let you know how I get on =-)

Best of luck and I'm up in Rocky. You have tried Maclace I assume?

Thanks Rocky

Spoke to Russell at Leffler today - nice guy. Its not something they stock any longer.
I will talk to MacLace, they have been going Chinese for a while now though so I'm not sure what luck I will have there.

It seems that the brand Amiet is the only one worth looking at...so I'll order some from the buckle guy and check them out - not sure if they are indeed Swiss made or Chinese.

Yes Amiet may be OK, if you like that check then this link http://www.homalocks.co.uk/catalogues.html

Hope that helps Brian

Thanks Brian

Have you dealt with these guys before?

I would really like to know I'm getting the best I can, its hard when I can't find anything else lol

Eliza at The Buckle Guy confirmed they are made in Switzerland, hopefully that speaks to their quality...

Not recent like in maybe 10 years. I checked with a supplier here Marish Accessories this morning and he hasn't done any Amiet in about 10 years or so. That's Australia mate, They want to now build up manufacturing and there's very little suppliers except for the cheap junk. We need more competition soooo help where you can. A lot of hardware we get out of Japan but it's not cheap, if I had an idea of the product style you're wanting to make and numbers I may be able to get some samples in our next order.

Hey Brian

I did speak with Marish the other day also actually.
Japanese hardware sounds great! I'm send you a pm!

Thanks for the Ohio Travel Bag link, I had forgotten about them actually - they have a few I have enquired about, so shall see what I hear back.