dikman

Singer "SV" machines

Johan, does the presser foot have a number on it?

@jimi I don´t have the machine here it is in my summer cabin. I will take som more photos of it when i get there in two weeks. 

Best regards Johan

19 hours ago, Constabulary said:

This is the "stitch length limiter" and the small lever is for locking it. The stitch length adjuster in this case is technically just a forward and reverse lever. You find it on some other Singer machines with reverse too not only on 45K´s. Its just a different type f.i. the Adler 4, 5 later 104 + 105 f.i. had screws and wing nuts for limiting the top and bottom stitch length but you had to regulate top and bottom separately. Singer did this with just one screw and lock lever which to me looks a bit more "discreet".

Hi Contabulary, yes "discreet", but on the Adler you could adjust easier the hitting same holes when backstitching. Like the paper trick on the hitting the same holes in reverse the on 441 clone. (in short, lots of adjusting/ pain in the ..... to solve it doing it by the manual) The "old fashion" look of the Adler system took care of that in a easy way. Anyway, hitting the same holes in reverse is normally not any big problems on bottom feed machines. By the way, you all did a great job restoring that Textima skiver. :)  Tor    

Ok johan, thanks.

12 hours ago, Trox said:

Hi Contabulary, yes "discreet", but on the Adler you could adjust easier the hitting same holes when backstitching. Like the paper trick on the hitting the same holes in reverse the on 441 clone. (in short, lots of adjusting/ pain in the ..... to solve it doing it by the manual) The "old fashion" look of the Adler system took care of that in a easy way. Anyway, hitting the same holes in reverse is normally not any big problems on bottom feed machines. By the way, you all did a great job restoring that Textima skiver. :)  Tor    

Hi Tor - well Depends on the point of view ;) A "Singer Dude" (heard there are a few out there :whistle:) could argue that the Adler system is "cheating" with the front and back stitch length while the Singer system is more accurate...  My 45D is hitting front and back in the same hole like a dream - no cheating with adjusting limiter screws necessary :lol: - If you know what I mean. At the end it does not matter as long as it works. Both systems for sure have their right to exist. ;)

Textima Skiver was a bit a challenge but thats a different story. Excellent engineered machine - fully gear driven, haven´t seen a skiver like this before. First skiver I worked on and seems it is running well again. I was not able to test run it but thats another different story (not telling here since Gigi is watching me :lol:)

15 hours ago, Trox said:

By the way, you all did a great job restoring that Textima skiver. :)  Tor 

Thanks a lot for all your help!

3 hours ago, Constabulary said:

I was not able to test run it but thats another different story (not telling here since Gigi is watching me :lol:)

:lol: Doesn't matter who motorized it, skiving machine it's up and running: you did a great job restoring it!! 

I knew I´m observed here... :lol: When the skiver is running as expected feel free to post some pictures from that journey but in a new thread then. ;)

Thank you Johan. looks like we have the same number on the foot but my foot has been altered. therefore the only difference i can see to a 45k1 is the reverse? which later became 45k92? your´s has the same foot as the 92 and now no numbers to be seen on this foot?? looks just like the # 91039 foot for the 45k1.

DSC_0217.thumb.JPG.5e2c101c346f679220cb377fde618d69.JPGDSC_0218.thumb.JPG.c997dd20acca4a3ac0e6250203f69f42.JPG

Edited by jimi

a bit a different accessories put the machine in a different sub class sometimes - like Singer 29K - just an added wax pot puts it in a different sub class. Same with 45K´s I´d say - the machines may be technically the same but the accessories that originally came with the machine are different. Parts list are an interesting read sometimes...

Yes at least the parts lists are easy to find...:thumbsup:

for anyone interested in more S.V. information, in this post above if you look at the older singer book it will show the changes of some of the 45k machines and the models they were superseded by.

This is my first post here, so I would to say hello to everyone :)

On friday last week I picked up a package with my new "old" Singer.
From the first day I started to look for some information about these precise model and found this forum.
My Singer is 34KSV6 from 1908, produced in Scotland.

Tried to find manual or parts list bo no results, only for model K1, K5 and K11.

For this moment it does not work, the wheel makes half of turn and stops.
I would like to restore it and will be grateful for manual or parts lists if does exists.

I have only the head of the machine, but the guy who sold it have the original table as well, so I will try to purchase it.

IMG_20180303_120004.thumb.jpg.c00fcd7b8eca98f5c63a33434c6da09d.jpg

the 34KSV5 is the same machine - I know someone in Germany with a 34KSV6 and we both have the same machine - difference probably was just that the machines came with different accessories. So you can use the 34K5 Manual and parts list..

It's really helpful information, thanks a lot! :)
Do you know which Singer class/model machine/s have the same part as the 34k5?
I mean parts like, needle bar, foot ets.

Edited by M98k

Unfortunately I have no safe information but I have a presser foot with # 48218 that works with my machine. I think it once came from an Adler 48 machine - the Adler 48 is pretty much the same as the Singer 17 and Pfaff 23, 25, 28 - so I would guess that these machine are a good bet for 34K5 presser feet - but again I only can guess. Other than that the standard roller feet you get on Ebay (they sell em for Singer 17, Singer 31....) will fit since the roller is adjustable sideways. In some cases you have to adjust the presser foot bar hight.

The only original presser foot that came with my 34KSV5 is this one - but it has no number but parts list will tell you.

BTW - the standard long shank feet I use for my Singer 307G2 do not work.

IMG_4415.JPG

IMG_4416.JPG

IMG_4417.JPG

Edited by Constabulary

On my 34K11 it has the upper arm of a 45K & has all the upper parts of it.It has foot # 82513 like a 45K25 has ,I've seen some of the 34's will a smaller 16,17 class upper arm on them too.

singer 34K11.JPG

Greetings all...............

First I want to thank everyone here.  Every time I search for any information, a link to leatherworker.net pops up.  So yes, I have been lurking for a while as I search for my first Industrial machine.  Please understand that I know nothing!!!  Just a dry sponge in search of knowledge.  Hours upon hours of reading, and watching YouTube. I have pretty much narrowed my search down the the Brother LS2-B837, Consew 226, and the Singer 221G156.  I am in no hurry and one of these will find me when the time is right.

I started working with Marine Vinyl, creating a couple of motorcycle seats.  That is just about the upper limit of my Singer 301.  (PS - I have over 35 Vintage Singers in varying states of rejuvenation).

Sooooooooo, how did I get here?   Below are pictures of a 112WSV110 (Date Unknown) found in my neighbors shed.  I have started the tear down and rebuild process.  I have learned quite a bit, and yet still feel that I need to learn more.  Motor aside (which is new), I would like to learn as much as possible regarding recommended updates / upgrades.  While I am in that deep, let's just go for it.  The biggie seems to be the Needle Bar Upgrade to a threaded unit.  I am all ears...........

P A R T S ? ? ? ?  -  This model really isn't listed anywhere, so finding the correct manuals, parts list, etc. has been fun.  I am looking a supplier besides (in addition to) eBay!!  My preference is to find a supplier where knowledge is abundant.  I know I need to order a bunch of parts. 

I have been sewing with #92 Polyester using a 110/18 leather needle.   So I now need to figure out what to order for this machine.

Enjoy the pictures of my SV.  I probably should start another thread somewhere regarding this journey, but for now...........

Thank you, Stephen

20181029_202252.jpg

20181029_202243.jpg

20181029_202308.jpg

20181029_202318.jpg

20181029_202406.jpg

20181029_202413.jpg

20181029_202436.jpg

Edited by Smooooth

She going to need some work.    Lots of rust.  How is the timing belt?  Oh wait,  no timing belt I see.  end plate?

glenn 

what looks like rust could be dried / old oil too. I´d soak the entire machine is hot washing soda solution (if you have a tub of the right size) and and use a brush for cleaning - you will be surprised how much "gunk" is conning off. You have to dry blow the machine with compressed air and oil it afterwards otherwise it starts rusting and seizing up. I did that more than once - worked well for me.

If you want to preserve the decals just soak the flat bed - hot soda solution may damage the decals.

You probably have already found a Singer 112w manual but I attach it here again - the procedure for replacing the timing belt is mentioned in the manual too.

112W140.pdf

Edited by Constabulary

Thank you for the comments, and the Manual.

I agree that it is not rust.  The flash actually makes it look worse.  The top and bottom movement is actually quite free.

Starting to look for parts. 

Today I acquired a beautiful Brother LS2-B837 to play with.

Once again, Thank you!!!

Stephen