Wedgetail

Make a gift... for gratis.

Hmm... How to start?

Today I had a cool idea. But this idea has come from deeper roots.

I like to spend some of my social time playing tabletop war games. Specifically warhammer 40,000 by games workshop. 

There is a massive community out there, attracting all types of people... Some of us are the kind of people that like to dress up as Space Marines for the comic conventions... though some people go above and beyond in engaging and serving that community.

Commissar Warwick is one such contributor. His YouTube channel has been an excellent source of information and entertainment for me and many others. But what a lot of people don't realise is just how much work goes into creating all of the content, editing, responding to subscribers, and more in support of these channels that are entirely free to access.

So with that in mind, when Commissar Warwick asked subscribers to submit a single model to him, so that he could engage with us and form a subscriber platoon that would be fielded in games, I answered and sent him a model. It will be very cool to see it on YouTube while being used in games.

But, while I was at it I thought "surely I can do more than that", so I sent him this extra gift (see video), of a book cover to say thank you for all that he does for the community.

I didn't expect him to make a video about it, but I'm sure glad he did. Not only did he plug my page, he gave me a little insight into how people feel when they unbox something that people like you and me have poured our time and attention into... and it was a good feeling to hear some of the words he used to describe it!

And now to the idea I spoke about earlier:

I throw down the gauntlet. I challenge all of you to think of someone who has made a positive impression on you in a unique way, and make them something for gratis.

Post your story and the results below!