So a friend of mine got his bag stolen so I told him I'd make him one.  This is my first attempt at a bag, I'll admit I hadn't thought about how to handle the corners.  I have a lovely maul that I forgot at work so I did all the hole pricking with a crappy rubber hammer, hence the junk job with the stitching.  Hey, at least it's solid!  I know I didn't do the leather justice, but I had fun with it.  Oh, and I kinda feel like a jerk for making theblacing and edging green, since my friend is red/green colorblind.  >;)

MaxwellSatchelFront.jpgMaxwellSatchelOpe.jpgMaxwellSatchelBack.jpg

Edited by Grey Drakkon
added smaller pics

Gotta use that green somewhere..... 

My hat is off for the situational awareness.

And you had fun, most important part.

Bag looks cool.

Well keep going Grey...you were on a roll,.  Didn't dress the edges, got that big goofy number thing on the front.   Btw, that leather sure looks familiar.   At least you've done something with yours.  I just keep moving my pile around.  Yeah, I like your shabby chic bag...with the goofy number thing on the front.  ;-)

Edited by cseeger
misspelled name

14 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

Gotta use that green somewhere..... 

My hat is off for the situational awareness.

And you had fun, most important part.

Bag looks cool.

I do rather like how the green goes with the orange tone of the leather, myself. ;)  I learned something in any case, which is always a good thing.

14 hours ago, cseeger said:

Well keep going Grey...you were on a roll,.  Didn't dress the edges, got that big goofy number thing on the front.   Btw, that leather sure looks familiar.   At least you've done something with yours.  I just keep moving my pile around.  Yeah, I like your shabby chic bag...with the goofy number thing on the front.  ;-)

Haha yep, NorthStar Leather with his "scraps" which are big enough to make bags out of!  And yeah, ::cough:: I need to use a fair bit more of it up, I'm literally tripping over the stuff.  I need a house just so I have room for my leather!  And hey, the guy the bag is going to is a luddite kinda guy that likes stuff not worked to within an inch of its life, so the rough/odd shape works for him.  

13 hours ago, kiwican said:

Its Hipster cool Grey, well done!

Aw crap, he's taking it back with him to Vancouver, the hipsters will steal it for sure!  ;D