customizer

Parts for old Singer Industrial sewing machines - where?

Hi I recently restored 18-3 Singer leather machine and have also working 45k25.

Where can I buy parts for them when they are not on ebay.

Does Singer still have some stock for oldies or I just have to look for used parts only?

Im from Oslo, Norway, but have friends in US so parts in US will work for me as well if it works better then on old continent ;)

At the moment I need for 45k25 tension spring no 92525 but also need some parts for 18-3 if its possible to order.

And this is my Singer few days ago now is like new almost ;)

vfuph4.jpg

Regards

Thomas

Both machines are no longer in production the and Company Singer no longer has a factory or a storage facility. If you are looking for original Singer parts p you may have some luck when you contact some of the well known dealers who support this forum. Some may have some old stock parts but most likely most of the parts on todays market are after market parts from China. Some parts from other Singer machine may fit also. But it depends on what you are looking for in particular. Pictures parts numbers or the location (where is it fitted) of the needed parts are always helpful.

F.i. I was looking for Singer 34K5 needle bar - no way to find one so I checked the diameter and length and compared I finally figured a needle bar of a Singer 31K and Singer 17 would ft - an after market part of course but it works well!

Before I check att the 45K parts list for this spring - where it the tension spring located - pre tension or main tension or shuttle hook?

Edited by Constabulary

Hi, i think you got the wrong spring number maybe?? here is a link for the #82525 spring

https://www.college-sewing.co.uk/store/Singer45KSewingMachineParts

and if it is the shuttle you are looking for then i think one for a singer 17 should fit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SINGER-17-18-ADLER-48-CONSEW-SEIKO-SHUTTLE-HOOK-6028-/290739289023

i dont think you will find the feed dog ring or tiny needle plate anywhere?? try where it says parts-singer- then the model. be sure to upload a picture of the machines for us knuckleheads who like the old iron:lol: regards jimi.

Very cool photo ,Thomas! That is the first time I've seen that outer feed drive wheel of the Singer 18-3, which is a very interesting and different feed transport solution. I always wonder if they made those left-handed machines for actual left-handed operators or if there is some other reason for the left-handed design.

I happen to have some (maybe a lot - not really sure yet) Singer 45K parts, mostly used, some new. Nearly all of them are still hiding in dozens of unorganized parts cabinets/drawers I acquired recently.

I put some Singer 45K open frame shuttle hooks (91774 or DD1OP) and Singer 45K Feed Dog Carrier frame (91160) on Ebay. You may not need those, but I thought I'd mention it.

Good luck with your restoration! You appear to be doing a very nice and thorough job. I'm looking forward to seeing some before/after pictures and perhaps some video snippets of the machines in action.  

_MG_0358 copy.jpg

_MG_1131 copy.jpg

Edited by Uwe

Thanks all of you for help. First of all yep there was mistake in part no for 45k. Indeed I need #82525 spring so thank you for link.

I will post some before.after pictures then. Before I dont have so niece but after can make better :)

Soon...

Ok guys it looks like I was asking for wrong spring. I made some research. 

This is spring I m looking for in my machine  (I made some temporary solution):

1zgrjn.jpg

it should look like this (from youtube):

2ewfl11.jpg

And from parts list #82551:

2q3dhy0.jpg

But this is not all.

Im looking also for small screw that should be in my hook in Singer 18-3 is 3mm i believe but modern screws dont work any one of you have such?

My hook:

116v28m.jpg

1537afk.jpg

With missing screw:

k4gigp.jpg

Thanks 

Thomas

Edited by customizer

regarding 45K spring - there are 2 version. The old style is a one pice spring # 82454 but they are no longer available. Later type is made of 2 parts / 2 spings which are # 82551 + # 82525

regarding 18-3 shuttle. Seems your shuttle is missing the 2nd screw also - it holds the 2 tension spring. Do you have the 2nd screw and tension springs?

However the tension screw on the shuttle seems to be Singer #504033 I guess thats the one you are missing.

Did you get my PM?

Thanks a lot again for hlp.

Yes I got your PM but since I realized this is other spring I'm looking for I decide to reply here.

Yes, I got second screw just the 3mm, black is missing on hook.

So regarding spring situation is worst as I need two spring :) and probably no one have them :) Really I neetd two of them?

And the screw to the hook is probably 464 from this picture:

Looks quite ordinary.

screw for hook 18-3.jpg

I find it hard to justify spending much effort to track down a single screw or two when you can buy a complete new 6028 hook for about $20 on Ebay. Even if you want to continue using your original singer hook to keep things original, the screws and other bits from the aftermarket hook should fit.

Edited by Uwe

I have these parts if you are interested let me know

# 82551 + # 82525 for 45K

and a complete hook (original Adler but fits Singer 17/18 and others too) + 1 bobbin

IMG_6324.JPG

Hi there,

I am new to this forum and have also just bought a 18-3. It’s in remarkably good condition but like Thomas I am also after a take up spring that will fit this machine. Everything else seems to be working correctly but I am a novice when it comes to sewing machines. Anybody have any ideas where I might find one? 

Thanks for any help in advance,

Martyn

On 5/29/2018 at 11:29 AM, Marticles said:

Hi there,

I am new to this forum and have also just bought a 18-3. It’s in remarkably good condition but like Thomas I am also after a take up spring that will fit this machine. Everything else seems to be working correctly but I am a novice when it comes to sewing machines. Anybody have any ideas where I might find one? 

Thanks for any help in advance,

Martyn

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-PCS-TENSION-SPRING-ADLER-48-SINGER-17-18-CONSEW-SEIKO/232194857006?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D50544%26meid%3Da179368856524fce81e17753648c02fb%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D391409786842%26itm%3D232194857006&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

I made order and waiting for delivery.They say spring fit Singer 18, but in parts list it is not exactly the same, hope it will fit my 18-3.

The 18 class is still built by Seiko as the TF so many parts are available from them.

Generic hooks are common

On 6/6/2018 at 12:35 AM, royalgh said:

Thank you! I ordered them but I think they are not exactly the same as the originals. It may entail a bit of bending till I can get it to fit properly.

Thanks anyway.

On 6/10/2018 at 7:37 AM, Darren Brosowski said:

The 18 class is still built by Seiko as the TF so many parts are available from them.

Generic hooks are common

Thanks Darren!

On 9/9/2016 at 11:02 PM, Uwe said:

Very cool photo ,Thomas! That is the first time I've seen that outer feed drive wheel of the Singer 18-3, which is a very interesting and different feed transport solution. I always wonder if they made those left-handed machines for actual left-handed operators or if there is some other reason for the left-handed design.

I happen to have some (maybe a lot - not really sure yet) Singer 45K parts, mostly used, some new. Nearly all of them are still hiding in dozens of unorganized parts cabinets/drawers I acquired recently.

I put some Singer 45K open frame shuttle hooks (91774 or DD1OP) and Singer 45K Feed Dog Carrier frame (91160) on Ebay. You may not need those, but I thought I'd mention it.

Good luck with your restoration! You appear to be doing a very nice and thorough job. I'm looking forward to seeing some before/after pictures and perhaps some video snippets of the machines in action.  

_MG_0358 copy.jpg

_MG_1131 copy.jpg

Hello 

I am new here and just so this post 

I know this is old but did you find the singer 45k parts i have a 45k92 trying to decide what i am gonna replace 

Also the side bar for the knee lift is missing is that worth finding