Guest Christy A

Custom browband with horsehair

Guest Christy A

HI, I'm looking for someone to create a futurity knot browband for a western show bridle (I already have the headstall, looking for an additional browband to go with it)  We recently had a horse die unexpectedly and would like the futurity knot to have horse hair tassels made from his hair or a furturity knot browband with horsehair braid in laid or something along those lines.  Here is the catch... we need it in Missouri by October 14th, 2016

Hi Christy A - I might be able to help you out here. I'm a horsehair braider but also work leather. Are you able to PM me on this site? I would need a lot more information: How much hair do you have? Is it mane hair or tail hair? and so on. 

Whatever you decide to do, best of luck in getting a piece made that will commemorate your horse. 

Did you ever find someone to do your horsehair piece for you? I hitch horsehair and leather. Origionaly from Mo myself. Trained and showed foxtrotting horses out of Sullivan.

Guest Wendy K

I too am interested in someone who could do this. My young filly is about to start her show career - her sire (my heart horse) died when she was 4 months old - I'd love for her to wear a piece of him. I have several sections of tail hair.

thank you!

Contact rock creek horsehair you can find them on Instagram or Facebook.  Wyoming ranchers that hitch and brand hair on the side they do excellent work and are great people as well