WE DO SEWING MACHINE REPAIR AND MANITENANCE ON HOME AND INDUSTRIAL SEWING MACHINES  IN JONESBORO, ARKANSAS

I have a singer 153W102  cylinder machine    I can't get the top thread to pull up the bottom thread tight no matter how loose I make the bobbin thread I have made the tension on the top thread tight till it breaks when pulling.  Still can't get it to work  properly. It seems to me the take up arm is out of time but I can't find an adjustment for it. Seems to be a fixed item? Can I buy a book that describes the adjustments>  I have a ;manual that covers 153W100 and 101 and 154W100 but not the 153W102.  I don't see any instructions to cover this problem other than the thread adjustments I'm using a 130/21    (dpx17 135x17) needle and bonded  T-135  16oz sol-poly thread. I have tried needles up to # 23 and 24 with the same result problem.

1. Manuals
  3. Brands
  5. Singer Manuals
  7. Sewing Machine
  9. 153W102
  11. Instructions for using and adjusting

Description; Speed; Needles - Singer 153W102 Instructions For Using And Adjusting

See if this helps.

Ferg

3 hours ago, FRANKPKNY said:

I have a singer 153W102  cylinder machine    I can't get the top thread to pull up the bottom thread tight no matter how loose I make the bobbin thread I have made the tension on the top thread tight till it breaks when pulling.  Still can't get it to work  properly. It seems to me the take up arm is out of time but I can't find an adjustment for it. Seems to be a fixed item? Can I buy a book that describes the adjustments>  I have a ;manual that covers 153W100 and 101 and 154W100 but not the 153W102.  I don't see any instructions to cover this problem other than the thread adjustments I'm using a 130/21    (dpx17 135x17) needle and bonded  T-135  16oz sol-poly thread. I have tried needles up to # 23 and 24 with the same result problem.

@FRANKPKNY  Suggest you post this in Fabrication - Leather Sewing Machines.  Add photos and describe what material you are trying to sew.