Just finished making this belt for my very soon to be 8yr old daughters birthday (turns 8 on Monday). Using 7-8oz full grain, 25mm wide tapered to 20mm for the buckle.  Coloured using 1 coat of Violet Cobblestone Leather Pigment lightly rubbed over the surface. then sealed with 2 coat of sealer and conditioned. The reason why I only used 1 coat of pigment was to give it the used look. My Partner done the design on the belt which came out really good.

I am really happy with the way this one has turned out. . She doesnt know I have made it for her yet, so hopefully my daughter will love it. She will get to try it out and show it off at her schools bush dance tomorrow, so hoping to get a few more orders out of it.

Sorry about the poor pics. It is near 12:45am here in Brisbane Australia.

IMG_9303.JPG

IMG_9304.JPG

IMG_9305.JPG

Edited by AussieMade

That is really nice.  The color and the "used" effect really make it stand out.  That will be one happy little girl.

Well done.

rick

5 hours ago, rickdroid said:

That is really nice.  The color and the "used" effect really make it stand out.  That will be one happy little girl.

Well done.

rick

Thanks Rick.

Yep she loved it, She can't wait to show it off at school. I will post a pic of her wearing it tonight in her bush dance clothes.

Some better daylight pics

IMG_9311.JPG

IMG_9312.JPG

IMG_9313.JPG

IMG_9314.JPG

IMG_9315.JPG

IMG_9316.JPG

My baby girl got the purple one 3 years ago.  Pink one two years ago.  Blue on last year.  Now she says she needs a new belt, and don't care what color it is at all. Long as it isnt' black, brown, or tan ;)

1 hour ago, JLSleather said:

My baby girl got the purple one 3 years ago.  Pink one two years ago.  Blue on last year.  Now she says she needs a new belt, and don't care what color it is at all. Long as it isnt' black, brown, or tan ;)

I've had a look at your belts, makes mine look like they were made by my daughter lol. would love to make some more kids belts. I think I had more fun making them then adult belts.

Well, more important than the belts, really.. is maybe that we're both controlled by 8-year-old girls :crazy:

19 hours ago, JLSleather said:

Well, more important than the belts, really.. is maybe that we're both controlled by 8-year-old girls :crazy:

Yep that sounds about right. :) 

Real nice & appropriate. :)

10 hours ago, Tannin said:

Real nice & appropriate. :)

Thanks, she loves it

On 9/14/2016 at 6:55 PM, AussieMade said:

Thanks Rick.

Yep she loved it, She can't wait to show it off at school. I will post a pic of her wearing it tonight in her bush dance clothes.

By the way, what is a bush dance?

rick

2 hours ago, rickdroid said:

By the way, what is a bush dance?

rick

WIKI:  Bush dance is a style of dance from Australia, particularly where the music is provided by a bush band. The dances are mainly based on the traditional folk dances of the UK, Ireland and central Europe.

I see you are from Texas, so similar to Texan Line Dancing, but usually in partners or large circular groups Have a look on youtube there are a few vids, quite amusing as its mostly kids tripping over each other lol

On 9/18/2016 at 5:57 PM, AussieMade said:

WIKI:  Bush dance is a style of dance from Australia, particularly where the music is provided by a bush band. The dances are mainly based on the traditional folk dances of the UK, Ireland and central Europe.

I see you are from Texas, so similar to Texan Line Dancing, but usually in partners or large circular groups Have a look on youtube there are a few vids, quite amusing as its mostly kids tripping over each other lol

Yep, those videos reminded me of the honkey-tonk that I started sneaking into when I was a kid. 

Main difference I see is that the cowboys would have tall hats, the ladies would have "big hair" and everyone would be wearing western boots. ;)

Wish I was young enough to still do that.  Some good memories there.

rick