Wdfd908

Molded iPhone Snap Case

Hey Folks. I just got a new phone and want to make myself a new leather case for it. I've had sleeve cases and the like, but I'm really looking for a simple snap on case that is made of leather. I've seen them all over the Internet, but not sure how to do it. Here is an example:

https://www.incase.com/shop/iphone-cases/incase-leather-snap-case-for-iphone-5/

Thoughts on how to make one of these?

Every one i have seen is leather applied to a plastic case. That one looks to be the same.

wet form using 3-4 oz veg tanned leather and be very careful not to get the water inside the phone

On 17/09/2016 at 5:25 AM, Halitech said:

wet form using 3-4 oz veg tanned leather and be very careful not to get the water inside the phone

Wrap the phone in plastic wrap will help protect it.

Thanks folks. I'm going to try Wet forming, but if it doesn't work I have a plastic case on order

Like Tinker Tailor said. I would not even try this with just moulded Veg as a beginner and I doubt you would get something along that line of snap on attachment to work for any length of time by even the best people here. I would like to be proved wrong.I have heat and vacuum moulded plastic to achieve something similar and to explain the method in the end would take too long unless you have already a lot of this type of equipment. Best wishes Brian

I saw a DIY video on youtube a while ago for making a case for a smart phone, you could use his method which was basically to take the back off and rivet the leather to the case then put the case back together. I'm still not sure if the guy was being serious or not when he made the case ....

2 hours ago, Halitech said:

I saw a DIY video on youtube a while ago for making a case for a smart phone, you could use his method which was basically to take the back off and rivet the leather to the case then put the case back together. I'm still not sure if the guy was being serious or not when he made the case ....

Saw a video yesterday on how to add a headphone jack to the new iphone. The guy just drills into the bottom of a working running phone the depth of the headphone jack. Granted the headphones didnt work,  but the phone still worked.....Just cause its on youtube..